(8) "Does anyone smell toast?"

STEPPING curiously into the cabin, Y/N glanced around, unknowing of the admiring look on Wilbur's face as he watched her from aside. She looked around, taking note of the homey feeling it gave her.

she smiled, and swiftly turned on her heels to face Wilbur, she didn't want to make him feel left out, after all.

"I love it!"

the girl spoke with a smile. She was happy but definitely felt tired after a long day. Wilbur seemed to be looking for something, she noticed, and when he seemed to find it, a satisfied look settled on his face. 

he offered to give her a quick tour of the wooden house, which she accepted.

after the tour of the house, which consisted of a living room area, a bedroom, a restroom, and a kitchen, he casually mentioned how late it was getting and told her he'd leave her alone to get some rest, he'd probably see her tomorrow too.

after Wilbur left, she went into the bedroom and attempted to get comfortable in the bed.

it felt like she hadn't slept in ages.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

NIKI jumped up at the sound of her communicator ringing, and once again felt regret for allowing Tommy to change her ringtone to "crab rave bass-boosted vers.". She was way too lazy to change it back.

answering the call, she then noticed it was from Wilbur, so she responded with a formal hello.

"Niki, can you find Eret for me? It's important."

Niki had a feeling she knew what this was about. Recently, Eret had been gone for many hours at a time and refused to say why other than 'it's something we can use against Dream, I promise.". Naturally, Niki and Wilbur were suspicious of Eret, but at the same time, Wilbur trusted them.

Niki was certain that Wilbur wasn't that suspicious of them, at least not as much as she was. Niki didn't know Eret that well, and definitely didn't have any reason to trust him other than that he was a supposed 'ally' to L'manburg.

"yeah, I guess. He's probably off in the nether right now or something, though."

"just try to get through to him for me, okay?"

"fine."

nothing out of the ordinary. That seemed to be how most of their conversations went. And Niki couldn't care less.

a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶Y̶/̶N̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶a̶f̶e̶.̶

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

SCHLATT found himself curious about some broad he'd never seen before. Honestly, he only really cared because it was obvious the "citizens of L'manburg" cared.

also, she was sorta cute.

not that he would ever admit that. He was too good to care about some random girl, especially one with taste in friends like that.