(12) "Who's my little champion?"

RECEIVING a call from someone, Wilbur's communicator started ringing like crazy.

Now you're probably thinking, 'why in the hell would Wilbur not put his communicator on silent?'

Actually, you're probably not thinking that. But here's the answer anyway.

Wilbur was waiting for an update from Niki on what Eret was doing. So, at hearing his communicator ringing, Wilbur was swift to pick it up and check the caller I.D. and-

"Why the bloody hell is Phil calling me?"

Wilbur was extremely disappointed. As far as he knew, Philza hadn't met his bunny yet, so it couldn't be about that.

But what if Philza was in danger? It was Wilbur's duty to protect the citizens of L'manburg, and he wouldn't want to potentially put Y/N in danger.

Deciding to answer the call, Wilbur immediately heard what sounded like a sigh.

"Thank the gods you answered, I was worried you were gonna ignore my call again."

"What is it? Is something wrong?"

Wilbur swiftly got to the point, choosing to ignore the comment about ignoring his calls.

"It's less that something's wrong and more of an update."

Update? Philza only ever gave Wilbur 'updates' when something happened. Usually related to his son, since Wilbur never really knew what his son was up to.

Wilbur was far too busy for that.

"So, Fundy and the new girl-Y/N-are currently really close to Neutral Territory right now, and I know this because I'm with them."

Wilbur's eyes widened-

"What?"

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

HIS eyes widening upon hearing Philza tell on him to his dad, Fundy felt betrayed by Philza.

Fundy felt himself shaking, and the next thing he knew Y/N was holding his hand to try to help calm him down.

Glancing behind him slightly, he could see she was looking at him in worry.

There was no doubt about it that Wilbur was going to be harsh on Fundy, he always had, despite not "having the time" to be there when Fundy was following the rules.

There was no telling how harsh Wilbur would be on Y/N.

Wilbur was known for being a harsh leader, even if he kept up a kind facade most of the time.

He liked being in control.

Quietly, he whispered to the girl.

"You've met Wilbur, right? That's my dad, I promise that I won't let him lay a hand on you once he gets here."