(31) "do you think we're gonna be fair?"

THE flash of orange was a familiar color, he had noticed. His thoughts filled with paranoia, so much so that it didn't once cross his mind that it could be a certain fox.

He glanced in Y/N's direction with panic, hoping that she had seen it as well. But looking into her E/C eyes, it was clear that she hadn't. A look of worry took over her expression at seeing his panicked state. Tommy looked back towards the forest, part of him hoping he'd see the orange again so that he wouldn't seem crazy, but the other part hoping it was all his imagination.

"What's wrong? Did you see something in the trees?"

He weakly nodded, not able to tear his eyes away from the trees. What was that? Who was that? Was it Wilbur? Oh god, the possibilities of who or what it could be scared him greatly, but the idea that it could be Wilbur was enough to make him shake out of fear.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him in a hug, and he was placed against someone's chest. It was at this moment he realized he was hyperventilating, and his thoughts were practically melted, focused solely on the risk of that thing being his older brother.

Breathing was quickly becoming more and more difficult, his chest heaved as more and more tears invaded his already tear-streaked face. He barely felt it when Y/N placed a hand on his back, rubbing in circles. He barely noticed how tightly she held him, and that alone scared him. His senses were practically shutting down, and his breathing worsened. And then he heard her voice.

"Tommy, listen to me, breathe in..breathe out."

This got through to him, although just barely. He slowly tried to breathe in, and then out, slowly. He felt her breathing match his, letting him know that she was doing it with him. He felt a sense of calm, being in sync with her like this. His tears didn't stop though, nor could he really focus on too much. It felt like he was drowning in his panic.

"Tommy, can you speak?"

..he didn't know the answer to this question. Could he? With the state he was in at the moment he doubted it.

"ye-yes."

Surprisingly, he had only stumbled over his words, whilst it made it difficult to get his words out, at least he could talk at all.

"Good. Tommy, what are five things you can see?"

Oh god..what could he see? His eyesight was blurry, but he strained his vision to try to see semi-clearly. This proved to work, as things around the playground that were close to them became slightly clearer.

"I-I see..a s-sand-sandbox-..t-he slide..toys o-on the grou-ground.."

Three. He had named three things so far, what else was there? Scanning the playground in front of him with his still semi-blurry vision, he noticed two more things.

"Al-also..swings-s..and.."