(28) "0% crime rate baby, what can I say?"

THEY arrived at the gate just before noon, surprisingly.
Getting down from the horse, Y/N's feet hit the dirt with a barely noticeable thud. Standing up straight, she adjusted her cloak comfortably, and glanced at Tommy who was still on his horse.

Their hoods were still on, hiding the view of their faces, and hidden with that their identity. Yet anyone could tell from their figures that they were most likely young.

The h/c haired girl looked towards the gate, pushing her hood off roughly.

"Schlatt is that you?"

She spoke curiously, her e/c eyes wide in surprise. The last time she'd seen him was when he was a ghost, almost. Now, instead of the floating ghost she had grown to come familiar with, stood a tall man. She took a moment to take in his appearance, realizing how much more handsome he looked when he didn't look dead.

He was tall, maybe around six-foot, maybe a little taller, with ram horns protruding from either side of his head. His hair was a dark brown, messily gelled back.

He wore a suit, it looked to be black upon first glance, but upon further examination, it was clearly a dark blue.

"In the flesh."

He let out an unnatural, sardonic laugh, as he glanced over at Tommy, whose hood was still on.

"Who's your friend?"

She followed his eyes, moving her attention to Tommy, all the while nodding at him to remove his hood.

He followed through, bringing his hands up to remove his hood.

As it fell to his shoulders, Schlatt merely glanced at him unfazed.

"Another brat, eh? What's your name?"

Schlatt walked toward Tommy's horse as he stepped off of it, landing with a thud. Tommy stiffly looked up at Schlatt, fully aware of the danger that this man could bring.

He just seemed to radiate bad vibes.

Schlatt carelessly put his hand out for Tommy to shake, but once the boy complied, placing his hand in the older mans' own, he was brought into a hug.

Tommy let out a grunt, surprised at the sudden hug. Schlatt whispered something to Tommy that Y/N was unable to hear, as she was just out of earshot.

The two pulled away, and Tommy uncomfortably jogged over to Y/N's side, grabbing her hand for comfort.

She'd have to ask about that later.

She discreetly nodded at Tommy, squeezing his hand in reassurance as she spoke up again, her attention now directed at Schlatt.

"Now it's your turn, who's your friend?"

She turned slightly, back into the direction of the gate, examining the unfamiliar man standing there.

He was noticeably shorter than Schlatt, but still taller than Y/N, he also wore a beanie, hiding most of his jet black hair that seemed to peek out at the front, practically giving him bangs.

He also wore a suit similar to Schlatt's, except his suit was actually black.

Before Schlatt could even open his mouth, the unknown man was already right in front of her, bowing slightly, with a hand outstretched, gently picking up her hand. He brought it to his lips, kissing her hand gently.

"Quackity, at your service."

He spoke earnestly, although with a smirk.

She was unfazed by this though, bringing her free hand to her mouth as she giggled.

"Well, well, aren't you confident?"

She teasingly spoke, carefully taking her hand back as he stood back up. This statement only seemed to boost said confidence, and he pridefully winked.

"Only for you."

S̶c̶h̶l̶a̶t̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶Q̶u̶a̶c̶k̶i̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶ ̶

"̶T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶,̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶"̶

ERROR: P̶E̶N̶ ̶R̶U̶N̶N̶I̶N̶G̶ ̶O̶U̶T̶ ̶O̶F̶ ̶I̶N̶K̶-̶

.

.

Schlatt only watched from the sidelines, glaring silently at Quackity.

"Y/N? Shouldn't we..uh..y'know, get going? We still need to find a place to stay and these assholes aren't gonna do anything about it-"

Y/N nodded, turning back to Schlatt.

"Tommy's right, we need to go. Do you know anywhere we could stay?"

Schlatt smirked, about to open his mouth to respond, but she could already tell where he was going to suggest, and was quick to shut it down before the idea could even be said.

"And we won't be staying with you."

This caused him to frustratedly cross his arms, merely nodding.

"Then I guess you'll have to go homeless for a bit, because I don't know anywhere else you could-"

"We'll figure it out, the both of us have friends here."

Schlatt nodded, pulling out a cigarette box from his pocket, and a lighter.

"Whatever, see ya."

Y/N nodded, grabbing her horses' lead, and gesturing for Tommy to do the same.

Together, the two lead their horses into L'manburg.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

AUTHORS NOTE:

ello again!! Akii-chan here with another chapter, have ya joined the new server yet?

I hope you have because now we have a category for sneak peaks! (more info on the category in the server)

ao

- Akii-Chan