(27) "I don't even want to be here!"

SHE had yet to get onto her horse, as she hugged Fundy goodbye. Tommy had already said his goodbyes, and was waiting impatiently on his horse.

"remember..you have to come back, you promised."

Y/N nods as a response, acknowledging this, which seemed to be enough to satisfy Fundy. They let go of the hug, and she got on her horse.

Techno sent her a small wave, forcing a smile.

"have a safe trip, and make sure you're careful around Wilbur."

This time she speaks, as she adjusts her maroon cloak to fit comfortably, she lifts her the hood so that her face is unrecognizable beneath it.

Tommy sees this and follows her actions with his own blue cloak.

"I will, besides, I'll have Tommy here with me-I'll be perfectly fine."

She glances at Ranboo, who stood unhappily. She looked in his direction, and smiled even though he couldn't see it.

"Ranboo, I promise to be back, and when that time comes, I promise we'll hang out together more."

This caused him to smile a little bit, although he was clearly still sour about her sudden leaving. Glancing at Tommy, she nodded to him, her hood dipping slightly with the movement.

and they were off to L'manburg, leaving behind Techno, Fundy, and Ranboo.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

SCHLATT leaned against the gate of L'manburg, awaiting Y/N's arrival. Quackity stood beside him, going through the paperwork for the election; as Schlatt had found out the day prior, Quackity would he running as well.

Schlatt let out a sigh, letting the cigarette drop from his fingers to the ground, and stomping it out.

"when the hell is that broad gonna get here?"

Quackity glanced up from his paperwork, raising an eyebrow in question at this.

"Cant you be a little patient? Also, what's with the nickname?"

Schlatt frowned annoyedly at this. Who was Quackity to question his judgement? He could call her whatever he wanted to call her, she was his, after all.

'broad' wasn't even that bad of a nickname, he could've called her far worse.

'whore' and 'dumbass' had been in the running for possible nicknames for her, but he had ended up going with 'broad'.

whatever, he couldn't expect Quackity to understand.

straightening his posture, he chose not to answer Quackity, and he strained his vision, looking off into the distance.

"is that them?"

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

NIKI had spending so much time baking lately, which was pretty abnormal for her.

Sure, Niki had a passion for it, and dedicated herself to her bakery, but she didn't spend every second of every day baking.

Until recently.

With the rumors of Tubbo's death having come around, the stress of the upcoming election, and Eret, she desperately needed a distraction.

and you would've been the perfect one, had you been around. But unfortunately, you still hadn't returned, and no one had a clue as to where you be.

So for now, she would stick to baking.

looking up from the employee counter, she watched as Wilbur speed-walked into her bakery. Tiredly, she spoke.

"What do you want, Wilbur?"

He held a blank expression, one she knew all too well, as of lately. She braced herself for his inevitable harsh tone.

"Niki, I was wondering if you could get the decorations ready for the election? I'm aware we have about a week until voting ends, but it's always good to start early."

She nods, both in agreeance to his statement, and in acceptance of the request. Denying would just make him angry, and Wilbur was angry enough without anyone provoking him.

part of Niki hopes for your return because deep down she knows that it will most likely stop this endless anger.

"Good."

She watched as Wilbur walked out of the bakery, tense as usual, still holding that blank expression.

Just what was he thinking?

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

AUTHORS NOTE:

I wrote this chapter in thirty minutes...

perhaps you'll start getting more chapters  this week?

:)

- akii-chan