(26) "You're not the fucking gingerbread man"

HE woke up with a start, having the blanket that had been sheltering him from the rest of the room yanked off of him, and the blinds were thrown open, allowing the early morning light to enter the room.

"RISE AND SHINE!"

Tommy covered his face with his arms, desperately trying to stop the light from reaching his eyes. He felt the bed dip as someone sat down on the edge, and he slowly uncovered his face so he could see who it was.

And once he did, he frowned in playful betrayal at the girl who sat on his bed.

"..really?"

Y/N only giggled at his response, probably expecting him to yell angrily at her.

And under any other circumstances, he probably would've. But right now he was too tired to do so.

Sitting up, Tommy ran a hand through his tangled hair. When was the last time he showered again? Shaking the thought away, he looked over at Y/N for a moment.

Right..they were leaving today. All the way back to L'manburg. Tommy really didn't want to see Wilbur again, not after everything that had happened in such a short time. Wilbur had threatened him into not getting close to Y/N, and now that he had gotten close to her, Wilbur was sure to be angry.

"FU-"

Tommy jumped in surprise at the hand that was suddenly in his face, snapping to get his attention. He blinked a few times, bringing his focus back. He had zoned out, thinking.

"Earth to Tommy?"

She spoke in a questioning tone, bringing her hand back as he was brought back to reality.

"Oh-uh-yeah-"

Her only response to his stuttered one was a lighthearted giggle.

And it was at this point that it sunk in that they were leaving today.

They were leaving.

Leaving.

If Tommy were being honest, he had enjoyed the small moment of calm that being here had brought him. Just being able to relax, almost, even if it was for a few hours.

Gods, he missed Tubbo, but he continued to push through, that's what Tubbo would've wanted, right? Right.

Standing up and stretching, he sent a glance Y/N's way, to which her eyes widened in sudden realization, and she nodded embarrassedly.

Had it really taken her that long to realize that he needed privacy? He wasn't a kid.

She left the room, probably going to wait for him in the living room, and he looked around the almost empty room.

For a guest bedroom it had been pretty comfortable. The shelves only held a few sticks and stones that he had collected in the wooded area surrounding Techno's house out of boredom.

And a few drawings, here and there, although those didn't belong to Tommy.

Techno and Ranboo seemed hesitant to explain what they were about, and had actually said that it wasn't something for him to worry about.

Looking out the window for a moment, he shivered. Since when was it so cold-? He walked closer to the window, until he was right up against it, looking out at what looked to be an endless forest from here.

Tommy had a bad feeling about what was to come..

ᑭᖇOᒪOGᑌE: ᗪOᑎE.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

AUTHORS NOTE:

..prepare for the next chapter; The Election.

- akii-chan