(24) "it's grass block time!"

TOMMY was dealing with the unimaginable.

He had never thought about what would happen if one of them died. Death was never something Tommy had ever even considered, because it wasn't ever on his agenda to get killed. Death seemed like a far away concept, one that didn't apply to Tubbo or him.

But he was wrong. Of course he was wrong. Death could get anyone at any time. It takes, and it takes, and it doesn't care who it takes.

Tommy refused to leave Tubbo's side for a while, until Techno had to tell him that they had to leave. And even then, Tommy had tried to refuse, but Y/N managed to coax him into it.

So they had gone back home, and Techno carried Tubbo's body so that he could get a proper burial. And Tommy cried even more.

He didn't stop crying even after the burial, and for a couple hours Tommy felt absolutely alone in the world. Tubbo was the only person Tommy really trusted. Sure, he 'trusted' Wilbur, but Tubbo was more than that. Tubbo was his best friend.

After a couple hours of crying, and trying to ignore Technoblade, he finally forced himself to stop and think.

Would Tubbo want him to cry over him? Probably, for a little while, but he'd eventually want Tommy to move on, and be happy.

Now, Tommy didn't start thinking about these things on his own. It was actually Y/N who told him this, and she was also the only one to actually try to comfort him. Fundy and Techno had stood off to the side awkwardly, not even looking Tommy in the eyes.

This was why Tommy currently resented those two. He refused to listen to them, and if Techno needed to tell him to do something, Y/N would have to say it for Tommy to listen.

Y/N was the only person he'd listen to, since she was clearly the only person who cared. She was also the only one who seemed to be mourning over Tubbo too, which only further caused Tommy to trust her.

Right now, he was sitting on Techno's couch, glaring at the floor, while Techno and Y/N spoke about something. He had been tuning them out for a while now, and decided to tune them back in.

"I have to go back to L'manburg, a friend of mine wants me to participate in the election."

"But it's not safe, Wilbur is still there and he's still looking for you."

This caused Tommy to freeze. She had to leave? No. She couldn't leave him alone with Techno and Fundy-not when now. He understood now why Tubbo was so fond of her, Tommy thought of her as a sister now too.

Tommy quickly looked up from the floor, speaking out.

"You can't leave! I thought the whole reason you left was because you wanted to hide from Wilbur!"

She winced slightly at his statement, before responding.

"I already told my friend that I would do it, and I'm sure if I asked him he'd help with the Wilbur situation."

Techno sighed. Tommy could tell he was probably going to let her go, but Tommy didn't want her too, still.

"Fine. But if anything happens you have to promise to tell me."

She nodded quickly, clearly happy. Tommy wasn't happy. Tommy looked at Fundy sitting on the other side of the couch, and Tommy could tell he wasn't happy about this either.

"If you're going back then I'm going with you!"

The words flew out of Tommy's mouth before he could think about them, and everyone's reactions to the statement were all widely different. Techno looked unsure, Y/N looked plain surprised, and Fundy looked jealous that he hadn't thought of that first.

Ranboo peaked out from behind a corner, looking at Tommy, silently asking him if it was okay to come out. Tommy, not really caring at this point, nodded his head. And Ranboo walked out into the room.

Ranboo was a curious case. Tommy didn't have much of an opinion on him yet, other than that he was a forgetful bitch, which was annoying.

He also seemed pretty shy.

Techno was the first to notice Ranboo's presence in the room, and he silently nodded at him. Y/N looked surprised to see him, before wiping that look off her face and smiling kindly at him, greeting him with a small 'hello'.

Tommy looked at Fundy to see his reaction to Ranboo's presence, and noticed that Fundy was seemingly ignoring him.

Tommy stood up, glaring at Techno, and he walked to the room he was supposed to be staying in. And he slammed the door shut.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

RANBOO watched as Tommy stomped out of the room, and heard the faint sound of a door being slammed shut.

He had been hiding in the hallway, scared to come out since everyone seemed to be arguing in the living room. And it turns out they were arguing.

Ranboo looked at Y/N, to which she spoke.

"I don't have to leave for a couple hours, Ranboo do you want to hang out with me?"

His heart leapt at the proposal. His feelings for his childhood crush were still evident, although not as extreme considering the lack of memory.

He promised himself he wouldn't let himself forget her again.

Ranboo quickly nodded his head, and felt himself flush a bit when she grabbed his hand and led him to the front door.

"We'll be outside if you need us!"

Ranboo looked behind them, at Techno and Fundy. Techno nodded in response, while Fundy looked jealous, and glared at Ranboo.

He turned to look at Y/N, who was pulling him out the door, and that was when it hit Ranboo. She was using this as a distraction from the obvious distress the argument caused. She didn't even look back at them once.

Ranboo found himself admiring that she was able to do what she wanted and not linger on what others thought for too long.

He was happy to finally get some time alone with her.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

AUTHORS NOTE:

Surprise, triple update!!

Once again, I will be visiting family for a month and I am unsure whether I will be able to write during that time, but if it is possible I will try to get updates out on schedule.

- akii-chan