(10) "what have you started, Fundy?"

FUNDY had a bad habit of assuming what people thought of him, not necessarily in a negative light, but it usually involved Wilbur.

Fundy hated Wilbur.

Wilbur, Fundy's "dad", was the one person Fundy needed, but was never there. Key word, needed. As far as Fundy was concerned, he didn't need that jackass anymore, if Wilbur was too busy for him, he was too busy for Wilbur.

Of course, he had automatically assumed that Y/N pitied him because of something Wilbur must have told her. Or at the very least pitied Wilbur.

Naturally, this assumption was wrong, for she had no clue Wilbur even had a son. So, to say the least, he planned on avoiding Y/N upon meeting her for the first time.

Planned.

The fox-like male did not expect to be practically dragged by the hand by said girl in some random direction.

Yep. That was the current situation he was in.

Maybe we should recap to about ten minutes earlier...

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

10 minutes before...

"Hey! You're Fundy, right? Do you have any free time right now?"

The girl he had met the day before, Y/N, came rushing into the bakery, to Fundy's surprise, and dismay.

Naturally, Fundy went to decline whatever offer she had, as he wanted nothing to do with her.

"Sorry, but n-"

"That's great! Follow Me!"

She cut him off mid-sentence, but she didn't seem to notice. She held almost a frantic look, one of anticipation.

It reminded Fundy of himself when he was younger.

When he found something and wanted to show his dad.

He remembered how Wilbur would ignore him when he did that.

Maybe that was what compelled Fundy to let her grab his hand and lead him directly out the bakery. Maybe it was because part of him wanted a friend, or to at least give her a chance.

He reminded himself to be angry. He wouldn't give her a chance. Not if he wanted to keep his dignity.

"Shut up..."

Fundy muttered to himself.

If Y/N had heard him, she didn't say anything of it.

❥ ‑‑‑‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑ ‑

Back to the present, Fundy semi-recognized the area they ran past. He looked around briefly, taking in the familiar woods. He had never really paid much attention to it, but he had fond memories of running around and hiding in the trees.

Back when Wilbur partly cared.

He looked down slightly, at the girls hand. It was smaller than his own, but she wasn't that much shorter than him in height. She was cute, he figured, but he never really cared for peoples' looks.