Chapter 5

Chapter 5 : The Deal

The question Xiao Gu asked, brought upon a great shock to Mi Qing.

It was not because of the distress of being caught, but another aspect of panic.

Xiao Gu's words seemed to ridicule, which really made Mi Qing deeply feel that the dried mangoes were indeed dog food!

She opened her mouth several times, before summoning the courage to ask: "The dried mangoes......were they dog food?"

Xiao Gu was clearly stunned for a moment before answering, "The dried mangoes were from my own orchard picked specially by Taiwanese farmers. They were then peeled, sliced, dipped in sugar, and dried by my hands. Do you really think they are for dogs to eat?"

Mi Qing: "......"

As long as they were not food for dogs, it was all good.

She looked at Xiao Gu and saw a hint of anger in his eyes. In her heart, she thought, the dried mangoes, that he put so much effort and heart into making, being thought as dog food, that's indeed a reason to get angry.

"Uh, it's because your dog had the same expression....the one when inviting me to eat dog food just now was exactly the same as the one it had when inviting me to eat the dried mangoes last night."

Xiao Gu: "......"

He silently stared at Mi Qing before saying, "The dog food was his. When he invites you to eat his food, you can. But the dried mangoes were mine, taking them without asking will be treated as stealing, you hear?"

Mi Qing heard what he said and blushed. Filled with shame and anger she said, "How much were your dried mangoes, I will pay you! If I wasn't that hungry last night, I wouldn't even want your dried mangoes! Even your dog is more compassionate towards me than you!"

As if he had understood her praise, the husky happily called out, "Woof!"

Xiao Gu looked down at the dog, then asked Mi Qing, "Who do you think took you in?"

Mi Qing was at a loss for words, but was still unwilling to admit defeat, "Who took me in? You make it sound as if I don't have to pay rent."

Xiao Gu smiled, "Then where's your rent?"

Mi Qing: "......"

"My clothes will be sold immediately, just you wait!" She angrily threw out those words, before quickly rushing to her room.

Putting aside the bowl that has yet to be cleaned, Mi Qing open her online shop trading page, to check the situation of her coat.

Still, no one contacted her.

Feeling discouraged, she pressed her lips together. Suddenly, a 'ding-dong' sounded out from her laptop.

[two-tael: you there? The maximum I'll add is 500 yuan to that coat of yours, and that's it. We are from the same city, so if you're willing, I can collect it at your place, and you don't have to mail it over. I'll pay you the money on the spot.]

Mi Qing bit her lips and thought, three thousand five hundred, that was really too low, but she needed the money urgently to throw it on the landlord's face.

[rabbit2: alright, deal.]

[two-tael: ok, i end work at about 4pm today, you choose to location.]

Mi Qing sent her the address of the bubble tea shop located under her apartment. Then the other party sent her another image.

[two-tael: are you selling this massager? I'm willing to pay three hundred.]

Mi Qing: "......"

She looked at the image; it was a photo she took facing her dressing mirror, and in the mirror, at the corner of her study desk, the massager was circled in red.