Chapter 53

Xiao Gu was professing love with his handsome face, and Mi Qing had no power at all to fight back.

Her cheeks burned instantly and she coughed, interrupting the topic and deliberately misinterpreting Xiao Gu's meaning: "You're getting married too?"

Xiao Gu smiled and nodded his head, his hands stroking hers with doting.

Father Mi walked upon the young couple, who were standing by the window lovingly, and barked coldy, "Alright, stop being so disgusting here, let's go home."

Upon hearing this, Mi Qing hugged Xiao Gu's arm tightly again. Father Mi's brow furrowed deeper, "What, you still want to stay here?"

Xiao Gu gently wrapped his arms around Mi Qing's waist and looked at Father Mi, "She is now pregnant with my child and deserves to stay with me."

"Stay with you?" Father Mi sneered, "You might as well settle the Song family's affairs first. She's staying in the Gu family now, nameless and without a status, what is this?"

Xiao Gu looked sullenly at Mi Qing and spoke after a second, "Then you go home first, I'll pick you up soon."

Mi Qing puffed her cheeks and asked disgruntledly, "How soon is soon?"

Xiao Gu smiled and promised, "Just for two days, take care of yourself and remember to take your medicine on time."

"Oh ..." Mi Qing mumbled and was taken away by her father.

After returning home, Mi Qing finally asked for her sim card back and reinserted it. She then discovered that the net in the house was back on. She wanted to call Xiao Gu, but was afraid he was busy, so she finally put up with it.

In the afternoon, Huo Li came again. This time she didn't get stopped by Mi Qing's father again and went straight upstairs to find Mi Qing.

Auntie Ming brought them some fruit snacks and sweets so that the two could talk comfortably in the house.

Huo Li forked over a small piece of cake on her plate, a little then said hesitantly, "I heard, you're pregnant?"

Mi Qing choked on the apple in her mouth, covered her mouth with her hand and looked up at her: "Where did you hear that? It spread so fast?"

Huo Li laughed and said, "There are no secrets in this circle in the first place, and you guys went to the Gu mansion today with such fanfare."

Mi Qing was a bit embarrassed, and responded, not knowing what to say.

"The kid belongs to the guy I saw last Christmas?"

"Yeah...."

Huo Li nodded thoughtfully, "I didn't expect him to be Auntie Gu's son before either. Now that he's back in the Gu family, the hierarchy of the Gu family will also change, right?"

Mi Qing was also a little worried about this. Just looking at Xiao Gu's fatigue in the car today tells her that not everyone in the Gu family welcomes him.

"But you don't have to worry about this one, you might as well concentrate on raising your baby." Seeing Mi Qing frown, Huo Li took the initiative to change the subject again, "Under such circumstances, Uncle Mi definitely won't force you to marry into the Song family. When will you and Xiao Gu's marriage be?"

Speaking of the wedding, Mi Qing felt embarrassed again: "It should be sooner, otherwise my baby bump would be too obvious."

Huo Li looked at her and grinned, "When I first heard about your pregnancy, I thought you were faking it. I didn't expect it to be true."