Chapter 38

Mi Qing's mouth was still wrapped around the roast meat that had just been stuffed in, and she shielded her mouth with her hand and coughed, trying hard to swallow the roast meat along with the lettuce.

Xiao Gu grabbed her teacup and mixed some hot water into it and handed it to her again.

Mi Qing took the water glass and took a sip. Feeling that her breath was finally smoothing over, she coughed two more times before saying to Xiao Gu, "Don't say such horrible things when eating, it's easy to get someone killed."

Xiao Gu sandwiched a piece of freshly roasted pork belly meat for himself as well and looked at Mi Qing, "Is it so scary to let you go pick the shop?"

"Of course it is." Mi Qing said firmly, "And why should I go and pick, it's not my shop."

Xiao Gu: "I just think that girls are probably better at this kind of thing." He spoke after a pause, then negated his own words again, "But I forgot you are a little princess, surely not."

Mi Qing grunted in disbelief, "A little princess only has high standards, okay. Not like she's looking at feng shui, what's not to know."

Xiao Gu laughed and quipped, "Oh, then I'll leave it to you later."

Mi Qing: "..."

Why did she hit such a simple stoke.....

Although Mi Qing sped up the pace of the meal, it was past three ten when they arrived in front of the shop. The man in charge was waiting outside. He is an impeccably dressed short man who didn't look like he's over 30 years old.

Carrying a briefcase, he stood in front of the shop and when he saw Xiao Gu, he greeted him warmly, "Hello, Boss Xiao."

Xiao Gu nodded at him and apologized, "Sorry for being late."

"Whatever." The attitude of the person in charge is quite amiable. Today is the day he will knock this business down. No matter which shop Xiao Gu finally chooses, he is responsible for the list. So, waiting here for more than ten minutes is not a problem at all.

With that, he took out his key and opened the shop door, inviting Xiao Gu and Mi Qing inside. The shop is two floors. Mi Qing circled the lobby on the first floor, while the person in charge followed her around, dutifully explaining, "This storefront is bigger and has better lighting. Boss Xiao is more partial to this, what does Lady Boss think?"

Mi Qing froze for a moment: "I'm not the Lady Boss."

The person in charge laughed and said, "Lady Boss is really good at joking. Boss Xiao showed you the shop, who are you if not the Lady Boss?"

Mi Qing: "..."

She is a waitress.

She pursed her lips and said again, "I'm really not the Lady Boss."

The eye of the person in charge twitched as if he understood something: "Lady Boss, did you have a fight with Boss Xiao? Don't take it personally. Since Boss Xiao let you decide which shop to choose in the end, it shows that you still have a very important position in his heart."

Mi Qing: "..."

Do you have to be that imaginative these days when it comes to real estate?

Too lazy to argue with him on the matter again, she climbed to the second floor herself and looked around. The second floor was also spacious. She stepped up to the window and looked out, there were quite a few residential buildings nearby.

"What do you think?" Xiao Gu followed suit and came to the window to ask her.

"Looks okay, good exposure." Mi Qing said, "Is the rent expensive?"