Chapter 59

After returning to City A, Mi Qing really tried to make soup for Xiao Gu once-though she was only responsible for cutting up the various ingredients and throwing them in the pot, then waiting for it to cook itself.

The pot that Xiao Gu bought was quite advanced, and not only can it perform four tasks of stewing, stir-frying and steaming, but it is also very easy to learn. The box of the pot has an advertisement that says, "Even monkeys can cook a hot pot with ease", and Mi Qing believes that she is more or less intelligent than monkeys.

After boiling for more than three hours, Mi Qing in the living room could not help but run to the kitchen to have a look.

When the lid of the pot was lifted, the aroma of the soup was even more pronounced. Mi Qing looked at the pot of soup that was still boiling and sniffed with satisfaction.

Today was supposed to be a weekend and the company was on vacation. But Xiao Gu, the general manager, was working overtime. Mi Qing didn't go to the office with him, using the excuse of wanting to rest, and practiced her hands at home.

Although the advertisement says that even monkeys could succeed, Xiao Gu is a chef who has seen the world before. And it's hard to say whether he would be satisfied with the soup or not.

If someone were to ask what kind of experience it is to have a husband who is a great cook, then six months ago, Mi Qing would have said that she's happy death, just waiting to be fed every day.

But now, she just wants to say that every time she cooks, it's like she's going through a high school exam.

No, there probably won't be a next time.

When Xiao Gu arrived home, he also smelled the aroma of the soup for the first time. He went to the kitchen and looked around, and saw that the pot he had bought for himself was still steaming.

"What are you doing?" He asked Mi Qing, who was sitting in the living room. Mi Qing smiled and walked over, pressing the OFF button on the pot: "Didn't I say I'd make you soup? How about it, smells good, doesn't it?"

She said, reaching out to lift the lid of the pot and show Xiao Gu her finished product. But before he could touch the handle, he was stopped by Xiao Gu: "Be careful with the heat." He pulled Mi Qing aside and grabbed a towel himself, and lifted the lid off.

The pot was rich, with red, white, black, and green all mixed together. It was really full to the brim. Xiao Gu picked up a spoon intending to taste it, but Mi Qing immediately wrapped her arms around him: "Wait, let me serve you a bowl."

Just kidding. What if he tastes it and doesn't want it? It is safer to serve him a large bowl, so that even if he dislikes it, he would have to force himself to finish the bowl in front of her.

With such a trivial plot in mind, Mi Qing took the initiative to pick up a large bowl and serve Xiao Gu's soup. Xiao Gu was afraid that she would burn herself and wanted to do it himself, but she insisted so much that he had to stand aside and stare at her with eyes that didn't dare to blink.

The soup was finally ready, and Mi Qing had to bring it to the dining room for him personally. Xiao Gu was simply impatient: "Little princess, I just got off work, you've been testing my heart."

He couldn't help but take the bowl from Mi Qing and carry it to the dining room himself.

Mi Qing followed him to the dining room, pulling away a chair and sitting down next to him: "Try it, I've been stewing all afternoon oh!"

Xiao Gu picked up a spoon and scooped up a spoonful of the soup, also bringing up a large chunk of red. Xiao Gu stared at the red thing for a while and opened his mouth to ask, "What is this?"