Chapter 39

Xiao Gu's kiss had just landed on Mi Qing's neck when she screamed, "Ah-!"

Xiao Gu jerked up and he raised his head to look at Mi Qing.

His eyes were disoriented and he looked a bit intoxicated. Mi Qing seemed bewitched by that look, and did not push him away, but instead stared at him for a long time before suddenly roaring out, "You haven't taken a shower!"

Xiao Gu: "..."

Mi Qing: "..."

God, why did she say that!

Mi Qing was about to cry from embarrassment. Xiao Gu let out a deep chuckle and shrank away from her.

He understood that this was Mi Qing's euphemistic refusal, and that she was planning to sneak away while he was taking a shower.

Although there was inevitably a bit of regret in his heart, he didn't force his hand on her either. He glanced at her and turned toward the bathroom, "I'm going to take a shower."

Xiao Gu purposely took an extra ten minutes of this bath to leave Mi Qing sufficient time to escape. He put on his pajamas and wiped his hair with a towel, wondering how he hadn't found himself so considerate before.

He rubbed his hair and walked out of the bathroom, and saw Mi Qing still lying in the bed looking at the ceiling.

Xiao Gu: "..."

This is...what kind of surprises did she encounter on her way out?

His brows rose as he asked, "Why are you still here?"

Mi Qing's answer: "I'm thinking about life."

Xiao Gu: "..."

"Oh." He put down his towel, walked over to the mirror and started blowing out his hair. By the time he'd finished blowing his hair out, Mi Qing was still staring at the ceiling.

He couldn't help but ask, "Is the ceiling so beautiful?"

"It's okay." Was Mi Qing's reply.

Xiao Gu's eyebrows twitched again as he unplugged his hair dryer and walked back to the bed. He looked at Mi Qing, "I gave you two chances to leave, there won't be a third."

Seeing that he's about to press her down again, Mi Qing retorted anxiously, "If I don't want to, don't you mess around!"

Xiao Gu's hands propped up on either side and stared down at her, "Then why have you been staying here?"

"I told you I'm thinking about life!"

"Oh, has the thought bore fruit yet?" He leaned down and gently sniffed her hair and placed a kiss on her nape.

Mi Qing felt her heart melting with this kiss. Her face reddened a few notches from earlier and even the roots of her ear were pink. Xiao Gu kissed all the way down her neck and reached out to unbutton her shirt.

"Wait!" Mi Qing cried out once more.

Xiao Gu's brow furrowed slightly as he looked at her on the side, "What's wrong?"

Mi Qing blushed and shouted, "Will it hurt!"

Xiao Gu paused for a moment and suddenly burst out laughing, "I thought you were very conservative."

"I'm supposed to be conservative!" Mi Qing looked at him defiantly as if she had been insulted, "I just...seemed a little drunk today."

Xiao Gu smirked and his burning breath lightly brushed against Mi Qing's cheek: "Then it seems that I have to make the best of today's opportunity."