Chapter 47

When she got home, Mi Qing really slept in bed all day. The next day, she was dragged by Xiao Gu to help out at the store.

With the surge in traffic on New Year's Day, the store was so busy that she had to go back to being a waitress.

Xiao Gu had also almost stayed in the shop for the past two days, and when Mi Qing carried an empty teapot to boil tea, she gave him a fierce glare: "Didn't we agree on me being the lady boss? It turned out that I'll still be a runaway little sister."

Xiao Gu didn't speak, just smiled and ruffled her hair.

A table of female guests in the lobby pulled Chen Shishi, who had finished the tea she poured, and gestured towards Mi Qing's direction, "Ugh, what is the relationship between that waitress of yours and Boss Xiao?"

Chen Shishi followed their gaze and turned her head with a smile, "Oh, that's our boss's girlfriend, the prospective lady boss."

A female guest then covered her heart with her hands as if she had suffered a great blow: "Boss Xiao has a girlfriend?"

"Yeah." Chen Shishi smiled and nodded, "The two are so in love that they abuse dogs in the shop every day."

Female guest: "......."

She can relate somehow.

This New Year's Day, not only did the store's turnover rise rapidly, but even the affair between Boss Xiao and the lady boss was circulating rapidly among customers.

After New Year's Day, Mi Qing finally resumed her role as a casual dog walker again, and she just had to go out to walk Dog Egg every day to finish her job.

When Xiao Gu returned from his work at the branch, Mi Qing was teasing the dog in the living room in her rabbit-eared suspenders. Hearing the door open, she turned back to see Xiao Gu walking towards the living room, and holding a rose in his hand.

Mi Qing blinked quickly and asked, "Which girl gave you a flower?"

Xiao Gu chortled and handed the flower in his hand, "It's for you, it's been hard on you these few days."

Mi Qing looked down at the beautifully wrapped red rose, then raised her head to look at Xiao Gu again, "Borrowing a flower for blessings?"

Xiao Gu raised his hand and knocked her on the head: "I just bought it at the flower shop."

"Oh." Mi Qing gently raised a brow, then pursed her lips again, "How petty, everybody sends a bouquet, but you only sent one."

Xiao Gu smiled, "This one is the prettiest one in the flower shop."

Mi Qing was amused: "Whatever you say. Anyway, let me put it in the vase." She ran back and forth to the bedroom, found a glass, and filled it with some water before sticking the rose in it.

Putting the glass on the window sill, she bounced out again and spun around in front of Xiao Gu: "Do you see anything different in me today?"

Xiao Gu was originally playing with Husky, and when she asked, he stilled for a moment.

This again?

He looked at Mi Qing carefully a few times, and just as he was about to open his mouth, Mi Qing snapped, "Don't you dare say I'm fat again?"

Xiao Gu couldn't help but burst out laughing and opened his mouth hesitantly, "Eye shadow......."

Mi Qing's eyebrows twitched.

"Let me change it." Xiao Gu stalled cautiously.

Mi Qing stared at him and continued to wait for his answer.