Chapter 44

The matter of the lucky bag was settled and Mi Qing left it behind her mind.

In the afternoon, Xiao Gu was still busy with the new store, while Mi Qing took a short nap and went out to walk the dog. When she returned, Xiao Gu called her and said that he was in the store to discuss some matters with Lin Jingrong and would not be back until late, asking her to reheat her own dinner.

Mi Qing didn't insist on waiting for him either, settled her and Husky's dinner, took an early hot shower and tuck in. She hugged her computer in bed and started surfing the net.

After watching two episodes of a show, she logged in her Weibo again. Speaking of which, it had been a while since she had browsed Zhou Yiran's Weibo. She was reminded of it today and immediately went poking.

The date for Zhou Yiran's concern has been set, with the first one on February 14 next year.

"Hey ..." Mi Qing sighed deeply. It was quite romantic to have a concert on Valentine's Day.

Her mind got wrapped in the event, when her phone placed next to her pillow vibrated. Mi Qing picked it up and surprisingly, it was from Zhou Yiran.

She was a little surprised because they hadn't been in touch since Christmas. And reading his name so suddenly now, she was inexplicably embarrassed and felt guilty.

Fortunately, Zhou Yiran just sent her a text message so she tapped it on the screen with her index finger.

Zhou Yiran: Are you free tomorrow? Tomorrow is the last day of the year. Since we are all in the country this time, why don't we celebrate the New Year together ^_^

Mi Qing gave it a thought before replying, "I'm sorry, I have an appointment with Xiao Gu tomorrow to buy a lucky bag QWQ."

Zhou Yiran: Lucky bag?

Mi Qing: Hmm, Y's New Year lucky bag, we have to line up overnight, orz.

After this message was sent, it took Zhou Yiran a while before sending a message back: He'll accompany you in the queue? Are the two of you together?

This time, Mi Qing pondered a little longer before organizing her answer: Yes, together [Bunny].

Time ticked by, and just when Mi Qing thought he would not reply again, her phone received a new message from Zhou Yiran.

"Congratulations and I hope you are happy."

Mi Qing couldn't say what she felt in her heart and could only reply with a thank you.

"Who are you chatting with?"

Xiao Gu's voice suddenly rang out at the door, and Mi Qing jolted up, subconsciously raising her head, "No, no one, when did you come back?"

Xiao Gu looked down at her and said, "You were so engrossed in looking at your phone that you didn't even hear me come in."

Mi Qing's guilt doubled. She quickly deleted Zhou Yiran's text messages, and then found that his Weibo, which was still displayed on the computer screen, also quickly deleted everything together.

Xiao Gu watched her subtle movements without making a sound as he walked to the closet to find his pajamas and went to the bathroom to shower.

Gently relieved, Mi Qing got up from her comforter and walked to the bathroom door and asked, "Did you have dinner?" She had just looked at the time and found that it was past nine o'clock.

Xiao Gu's voice came along with the sound of rushing water: "I've eaten at the shop."

"Oh." Mi Qing responded and asked again, "What did you guys discuss, it took so long."