Chapter 60

Mi Qing's due date was in October. The day the little bun came to life was a sunny, hot autumn day.

Xiao Gu was at the company that day. It was supposed to be the National Day holiday and everyone was on vacation, but there was a temporary meeting at the company and he had to go there early.

Thankfully, Auntie Ming had come to City A in September to help take care of Mi Qing. Otherwise, he wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving her home alone.

Mi Qing has been tormented by the little bun in her stomach for ten months, so she's been looking forward to his early landing......

Sometimes wishes just come true at the least expected moment.

In the morning she'd felt bouts of pain in her stomach, but now the pain was more frequent. It was only then that she realized that it was different from the pain from little bun's kicks in the past, so she hurriedly called for Auntie Ming. Xiao Gu had previously planned to let her stay in the hospital before her due date arrives, but how could the hospital be more comfortable than home. Plus, beds in the hospital are always full. She did not want to occupy a bed there at all.

Since Aunt Ming was home all day anyway, Xiao Gu thought there was no need to force her. Mi Qing thought happy at that time.

Now, she just wished she could put on wings and fly to the hospital right away.

Fortunately, Aunt Ming had already prepared everything needed for her hospitalization, so there was no panic. She called for a driver, supported Mi Qing to the car with her maternity bag, and dialed Xiao Gu's phone.

Xiao Gu was still meeting in the conference room at the moment. On such occasions, everyone would consciously turn off their phones or mute it no matter what. They had to be silent, but Xiao Gu's phone rang so abruptly.

This ringtone was set specifically for Mi Qing, because he was worried about her having any kind of situation and missing her calls.

So at this point, when his phone rang, Xiao Gu's heart jumped.

He interrupted the product manager, who was on stage giving a powerpoint presentation, and walked quickly out of the conference room with his phone in hand.

"Mi Qing, what's wrong?" His voice was soft accompanied by deliberately suppressed breathing, revealing an imperceptible tension.

"Missy seems to have gone into labor, I am accompanying her to the hospital right now."

Aunt Ming's account flew as fast as if she was battling on a battlefield. Xiao Gu was paralyed, then his pupils faintly shrank: "I'll go to the hospital this instant."

He hung up the phone and pulled his legs out, intending to walk towards the elevator. Luckily, his assistant came out in time and called out to his dashing back: "President Xiao, what's wrong?"

Xiao Gu paused and turned back, leaving some instructions, "I have to rush to the hospital, reschedule the meeting."

Xiao Gu's face was downright gloomy and frightening. For a moment, the assistant thought that he had been diagnosed with some new type of terminal illness.

It wasn't until Xiao Gu's upright back disappeared into the elevator for a long time that he snapped out of it – was Miss Mi about to give birth?

He scurried back to the conference room and shared the happy news.

Many of the managers in the meeting are people who have been there before. It's definitely a big deal in life when your wife is having a baby, so even if they all came for nothing today, they all expressed their understanding.