Chapter 37

When Mi Qing got home, she sat down on her bed to open her gifts.

Today, Xiao Gu played shooting and gave her three gifts, then another set of Alice eyeshadows. Zhou Yiran also gave her a box of chocolates, and... her gaze turned to the pink coat hanging on the closet.

What a day!

She happily unwrapped the chocolate and was amazed by the various Christmas patterns on it. She picked out a snowflake patterned chocolate and took a bite. It was a strawberry jam sandwich, very delicate. She stuffed a whole one into her mouth and began studying the eye shadow again.

How nice it would be if every day was Christmas.

She ate two chocolates and went to the shower to sleep with a satisfied heart.

The next day was another busy day. Mi Qing felt like she had changed from Snow White to Cinderella in a flash.

Because it was Saturday, plus the lingering taste of Christmas day, the store had more customers than ever, and there were even people lining up outside at noon.

Mi Qing was so busy that she especially envied Chen Shishi, who was serving upstairs in the private room.

Chen Shishi had been assigned to the second floor because Gu Xin had come again at noon today. This time, he came alone and didn't bring Zhou Yiran.

"Dada, I've been so lucky lately!" Chen Shishi brought Gu Xin a bowl of cool cake and poured some water to his tea cup, "Many of my classmates skipped our common class yesterday, and the teacher named them! I only attended yesterday! And then today, I again saw Dada! By the way, this morning, Boss Xiao also gave me a raise!"

Gu Xin originally sat to the side, listening to her silently. But when he heard the last sentence, the smile on his face subtly changed: "Xiao Gu gave you a raise?"

"Yeah!" Chen Shishi nodded heavily, "Happiness came so suddenly, it simply caught me off guard!"

Gu Xin thought about it and asked her, "Did he give all the employees a raise?"

"No." Chen Shishi deliberately lowered her voice as she said this, coming close to Gu Xin's ear and added, "He said it was a Christmas present."

Her breath was light and feathery. Brushing against Gu Xin's ear made him somewhat distracted. He took a sip of the tea that Chen Shishi had just poured for him and was just about to say something to her when he heard someone outside calling for a waiter.

"Hold on!" Chen Shishi shouted towards the outside and retreated, "Call me if you need anything."

Gu Xin smiled and nodded.

After Chen Shishi went out, he sent Xiao Gu a message, "Am I going to have a cousin-in-law soon?"

Xiao Gu: Are you going to call her cousin-in-law?

"Poof." Gu Xin almost squirted the tea out of his mouth.

Outside the private room, Chen Shishi was counting the guests' bamboo sticks, while Mi Qing led a new wave of guests up to their tables. After Chen Shishi counted the sticks, she let Mi Qing take the guests down to settle the bill, and she herself thunderously began to clear the table.

But it was probably because of the last few days of exhaustion that accumulated past her caution, she accidently knocked a teacup that had been sitting on the table and it spilled over. There was still tea in the cup that the guest hadn't finished, and everything spilled on a female guest standing by the table.

The female guest shrieked at once, "Hey, what are you doing!"

Chen Shishi gasped. Pulling out a few tissue paper and wiping the fluff from her coat: "I'm sorry, sorry, I was momentarily careless."