Ch.8) Dinner Night

Claire's p.o.v.

"So tell me about yourself Claire."

"Well, what would you like to know?" I asked politely. I watched our nieghbour, (Alice) finish chewing her food before speaking to me again.

"What are your hobbies?" she asked.

"Well... I like to listen to music, and maybe even read a good novel. I'm not really the athletic type." I said, ashamed.

"Ah. I see." She nodded her head. "Why did you guys move here anyways? London is very beautiful."

My mom decided to take this one "Well you see, I got a job promotion here, so then I decided to move here to make everything easier."

"Thats nice." Alice commented. "Where is you dad Claire?"

My dad. Memories of him flashed through my mind, horrible memories. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to to make them go away. "He is not here with us."

"Oh." She cleared her throat after, trying to change the topic.

"Would you guys like dessert?" She asked, gathering all the dishes from the table to take to the kitchen. My mum stood up to help her.

"No thank you, we're good. Claire has school tomorrow anyways." My mum glanced over to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows "School? When did you sign me up?"

"A while ago before we moved." She said casually, as if it were nothing.

Nothing.

If I go to school, I have to start all over again, and I'm not the most social person out there.

My mum noticed my reaction "It's okay! I have seen the kids there Claire, they're nice."

My face became red with anger. How should she know that? She doesn't know anything!

"Alright let's get going." She put her arm around my shoulder, leading my out the door.

*

Niall's p.o.v.

"Thank you Birmingham!" Liam shouted into the screaming crowd, and we ran off stage finally finished with our concert. Paul was standing backstage.

"Great job boys! Alright, go get changed, were heading back to the tour bus right now. We are going back to London, where we'll stop at a hotel." He ordered.

We all nodded, going to the change room. In a matter of seconds clothes were flying everywhere, leaving all of us five lads in our boxers. Everyone changed back into their regular clothes we came in.

"Niall you okay mate?"

I looked up to see a worried Harry.

"I'm fine."

"You're thinking about Claire, hmm?" He teased pushing me lightly. I frowned at him, and he stopped immediately.

"Sorry." He muttered.

I waved it off. "Don't worry. I was just thinking, how will I see Claire."

He looked me straight in the eye. "Mate, that's a big risk, going to see Claire. You know what Paul said."

"But were heading to London! We could go, she lives there."

"We'll talk about it in the bus" he whispered and walked off towards the exit.

*

Me and the lads sat around together. "Alright, so what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Listen, after our concert tomorrow, when Paul isn't watching we will grab a taxi and head to her flat. You guys still remember where she lives, right?" Liam asked.

"How can I forget?" I answered looking down at my lap.

"Well, sounds like a good plan to me." Zayn agreed.

"Yeah!" Louis added.

"Alright then, be ready after the concert."

*

Claire's p.o.v.

"Mum, why are you making me go to school tomorrow?"

"It's nessecary Hun. And besides, what are you going to do when I'm at work?"

"You don't understand mum, you don't know what it's like. When I finally was happy in London, being able to meet the boys, we had to move didn't we!?" I screamed.

She looked at me sternly "We don't need them Claire. They don't even care about you. My decision is final, you are going to school. Forget about those boys now, we are better off."

Then the most horrifying thing slipped out of my mouth "What if dad finds us? What if he comes back?"

My mums eyes watered. "Just go to your room."