Ch.24) Stay Strong

Niall's POV

"Liam!" I shouted in the empty hallway. All there was were a few nurses giving me dirty looks. My sneakers squeaked against the linoleum floor. Claire, unconscious in my arms, her head against my chest. "Nurse!" I called with the voice that I had left inside me. Her attention was directed towards me almost immediately.

"What happened?" She asked, while calling someone on her walkie-talkie.

"My girlfriend-" I breathed "she just passed out when I told her, her mum is having trouble in the hospital."

"I know where her mum is." The nurse took a quick glance at her. "Come this way."

I eagerly followed behind the nurse, who led me down the hall. I could hear the panicked voices of the lads getting louder with each step.

"Niall! There you are." Zayn exclaimed, taking Claire out of my arms. "No, Zayn stop! I can handle this"

"Mate, you look tired, I'll give her to the Doc."

"Come on-"

"Niall." Paul warned, standing behind me. I sighed. Giving her to Zayn who walked over to the doctor.

"Where's her Mum?" I asked.

"In the emergency room." Louis answered.

"What happened?"

"She woke up, and was traumatized. They're trying to check her, and her breathing is still low."

"Oh my goodness." I rubbed my temples, collapsing into a chair. "What am I going to do?"

"That's what we're all wondering." Liam sighed. "And Claire's unconscious." I mumbled.

"Why today?"

*  

Claire's POV

I yawned, rubbing my eyes hearing a faint 'beep' over and over again. My vision cleared up a bit and I glanced around, scared. A sanitized scent filled my nose.

In the hospital, once again.

"Niall?!" I cried out. I was still in my dress that I wore to the date.

"Niall!" I screamed. A nurse came running in, with a clip board.

"You're awake, sweetie." She answered calmly.

"Where's everyone? Where's Niall? My mum!" I screamed, trying to rip the IV out of my arm. Right then Niall came running in. He looked tired, and was still in the clothes he wore to our date.

"Shh, Claire. I'm here." He sat down next to me kissing my forehead. "What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out."

It all suddenly came back to me, my eyes widening in horror. "Where my mum?" I squeaked.

"She's-" he paused, "not in the best state."

"What?" I screeched, trying to get up. "I need to see her." I cried "please".

"You will. They're checking her. She just woke up" He answered calmly.

"Is she at least alright?"

"I'm not so sure, to be honest." He sighed.

I sniffed quietly. Why does this have to happen to me? My father ruined it all. All of it. I will never forget him. He can rot in his cell for all I care.

The doctor walked into the room, with his clip board.

"I'll just be doing a few check ups, it won't take long."