Ch.5) Complications

Niall's p.o.v.

The lady at the front desk stared at me as I walked up to her. I quickly glanced around, making sure Paul wasn't around. The lads kept a look out for him.

"How are you doing, Niall?" She asked, with a fake smile.

I smiled back at her. "Great".

"What can I do for you?"

Without hesitation I slipped the paper into her hands where I wrote the phone number. "I need you to find out the address of this number."

She nodded and typed away on her computer. Paul was no where to be seen, but I still kept my eye out.

"What happened?" They all asked.

"She's going to try to find the address."

*

Claire's p.o.v.

I lightly tapped my pencil against my chin, trying to find out an answer for this math problem I have for homework.

"That's it!" I clapped my hands in excitement, and wrote down 47.

"Come downstairs for dinner! I made your favourite Claire, mash potatoes and chicken!" A distant voice called from somewhere in the house, which I recognized to be my mum's.

"Coming!" I through the hall to the kitchen area, where my mom was setting everything up on our small table that seated four people.

"I was thinking maybe we should invite the neighbours over for dinner, as a celebration. What do you think, Claire?" She asked wiping her hands with a small towel.

Our neighbours are horrible people. Well, not all of them... It's only their daughter that drives me nuts. She's 13 years old, and the most snobbiest kid I've ever met. I hate her with a burning passion.

Not to mention, she's a fan of one direction as well. She's absolutely nuts for Harry. She doesn't even know the name of all the lads... Sometimes I doubt she even likes them, probably only Harry.

She even talks bad things about Niall which really sets me on fire.

"I don't know..." I answered, looking down at my feet. I don't want to say no and hurt my mum's feelings.

"Alright, I'll invite them! You could hang out with Chloe as well." She chided. Chloe is that stuck up girl's name.

Well this is going to be fun.

*

Niall's p.o.v.

"Niall! I found the address." I ran up to the front desk where the lady handed me a slip of paper, the address scrawled down. I thanked her.

"No problem."

"Let's go boys!" I ran out the main door, towards Harry's Range Rover.

"I call shot gun!" Zayn claimed the front passenger seat.

"I'll drive." Harry offered we all agreed. I sat between Louis and Liam at the back.

Harry took the address from me. "I think I know where this place is." Harry said. "It has the most damaged flats in London."

The drive felt like 5 hours. I stared out the window, the buildings zooming by fast. 

This drive will be long. 

*

Claire's p.o.v. 

A loud knock at the door made me jump out of my thoughts. 

"Claire, do you mind getting the door?" My mum asked. With out answering, I went to go get it. 

I opened the door and saw the person I didn't want to see. Chloe. She daintily walked in. 

"Ugh! Mom! I cannot stand being here, the wall's are yellow, how will I eat?" She complained, twisting a thick strand of her golden lock's. 

"Chloe, we are here to celebrate." Her mother, Mrs. Valentine scolded. 

She scoffed and walked past me as if I wasn't there, and continued texting on her blackberry. Chloe didn't even bother to greet my mom. 

"I'm so sorry about her" Mrs. Valentine aplogized to my mum. "It's alright." She tried to put on her widest smile, but behind that I could tell she was offended. 

"How about we eat?" My mum clapped her hands, trying to lighten the mood.

Chloe still had not taken a bite out of her food in front of her. 

"Honey, are you going to eat?"  her mother asked. 

"I will! Gosh mom calm down I'm in the middle of a conversation." She said annoyed. 

Her mother sunk back saying nothing. How could she let Chloe overpower her? 

I tried to start a conversation "Did you see the new magazine cover One Direction was featured on?" 

"You mean Harry? Yeah, he was sexy."  She said without glancing at me. 

"What about the other boys?" I urged. 

"What other boys?" 

Is she dumb? You know what? I'm not even going to ask. So I sat there slowly taking small bites from my food. Chloe still has not eaten. I watched my mum chat away... she seemed happy. 

A loud knock at the door made everyone freeze... and even Chloe this time. 

"I'll get it." Chloe muttered and walked over to the front door, the sound of the lock's clicking open... Followed by a loud scream. 

I jolted up out of my seat to see One Direction at my door...

What?

Harry was standing in front of them making Chloe squeal loudly and hug him. Harry looked uncomfortable with her tight arm's squeezing him. 

"Uh... are you Claire?" He asked her. 

She immediately let go of him, and scoffed "Am I really that ugly? Do I even look like Claire?" She pointed to her face. Ouch. 

"Um, no?" Harry said more like a question. 

But I really can't believe that I'm meeting my idol's right here- right now. 

Niall stepped up in front of Harry. 

"Who are you?" Chloe asked crossing her arms. 

"Niall. Niall Horan." He said. 

"Never heard of you." She rolled her eyes. "Any of you guy's behind Harry, I don't even know." 

I'm going to pull her hair out. 

Niall ignored her remark and look around, catching his eye on me making me nervous. 

"Are you Claire?" He asked. 

Chloe stomped away, and I walked up to the door. "Y-yes." I stuttered. 

He grabbed me, and pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry." 

"What's going on?" I asked. 

"We got the letter." Louis said. All the boy's hugged me. 

Wait. What letter? 

I let go of them and saw a tall, muscled man behind them very, very angry. 

"Boys! What are you doing here?" He fumed. "I told you not to go. We are going back to the studio!" He grabbed the boys and pulled them down the hallway. 

I peered down the hallway. "I'll be back! I'll do whatever it takes, Claire!" Niall shouted before the elevator door closed. 

I turned around and looked at my mom. She has some explaining to do. 

a/n

Uh oh! The boy's were taken away.