Ch.20) Recovering

*1 Day Later*

Claire's POV

"Please... let me see my mum!" I cried in attempt to rip the I.V. currently injecting medicine into my body off my arm.

"I'm sorry sweety, but she is in the Intensive Care Unit... she isn't allowed any visitors. Why don't you rest, love?" The nurse answered a bit too sweetly, trying to stop me from taking the needle out.

"I just want to see my mum!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry, I've told you already you can't-" She was cut off by a small knock at the door. We both looked up to see Niall standing at the door with some food in his hand.

"Am I inturupting anything?"

The nurse stood up and smiled "Not at all, I'll be leaving now."

When she had finally left Niall quickly walked over to the chair next to me and sat down. "I brought you some food Claire, I hope you don't mind hospital food. They're not really the bomb."

I laughed quietly to myself at his use of words. He handed me a bottle of water and a large muffin. "Thanks." I whispered.

"My pleasure. And if you need anything else just let me know."

After taking a sip of my water, I looked up at Niall who was staring at me with calm eyes. "Niall, can I ask you something?"

"Ask away."

"Do you think my Mum will be okay?"

"I'm sure of it babe. She'll be up on her feet in no time, I promise." He gently cupped my hands in his hands. At his touch I got this amazing feeling inside of me, it was warm and fuzzy. I've never felt it before.

I was shook out of my trance when there was a small knock at the door. I looked up and saw the boys standing at the door, smiling and Niall and I.

"Come in." I smiled. They shoved passed each other in attempt to be the first one in.

I shook my head laughing quietly. "Still the same boys."

Harry handed me a bouquet of flowers. "Thanks, Harry." He nodded in response.

They all grabbed chairs and sat around me. "How are you feeling, love?" Louis asked.

"O-okay I guess" I looked down in my lap. Niall was still holding my hand, his thumb gently rubbing my palm.

"Do you want us to go grab you starbucks?" Zayn offered. I smiled, greatful "Yes please."

They all stood up and walked out the door.

*

Why does Niall even stand sitting beside me?

Why doesn't he hate me?

I'm a freak.

"Niall?" I whispered, slowly sipping my frappucino.

"Yes babe?"

"Why do you like me?

He sighed, smiling at me. "What's there not to like about you? You're funny, kind and brave. You stand up for yourself and others. Lastly, your beautiful. The way your blonde hair shines brightly in the sun, and the way your blue eyes sparkle when you get excited is amazing." He stared in my eyes the whole time he said that. I couldn't look away. He'd already captured my heart.

Niall took a fly away strand of my hair and put it behind my ear, cupping my cheek with his other hand. Slowly, we both leaned in, our noses touching. His hot breath hit my lips, just a centimetre away.

Right then there was a knock at the door. I looked up, scared. Lilly was standing at the door. Niall pulled away as well, upset.

"I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh Claire I didn't mean to I swear!" She baffled on and on.

"Lilly, calm down. It's ok." I said.

Niall stood up, "Well I'll let you guys have some time together. I will be back later, Claire." I nodded as he ruffled my hair before walking out.

Lilly scurried in and sat down on Niall's chair. "I'm so sorry Claire I-"

"Lilly." I stopped her. "It's ok, that kiss would have probably turned out to be 'In the moment.'"

She gasped "Are you nuts?! Do you see the way that boy looks at you? Jeez, Claire, you're more blind than I thought."

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Anyways, I heard what happened. How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess." I answered. "I'm just worried about my mum."

"I heard they are going to do surgery on her"

"What for?"

"There has been some brain damage done, so they need to cut her skull open, and yeah." She muttered off trying not to get into graphic detail. But then she continued. "They said its risky. She has a chance of dying, or going into a coma after the surgery. She can survive, though."

"Why didn't they tell me this?"

"They try not to overwhelm their patients."

"But this is something I'm supposed to know, I'm her daughter!"

"Exactly." She agreed. "That's why I told you."

I just hope I don't end up as one of those kids who lose their Mum early in life.

*

A/N: Well, finally after 20 chapters #Ciall were going to kiss, but it was stopped. You guys love me don't you? And what did you think about the chapter? Leave your comments! Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I updates from my iPad.

I HAD TO RE WRITE THE LAST HALF OF THE CHAPTER BECAUSE IT GOT DELETED WHICH MADE ME VERY ANGRY.

Okies bye. Xoxo