Ch.2) Everyday Life

I witnessed my father harm my mother In front of my very own eyes.

My mom screamed in pain with every kick my father threw at her. I sunk back into the corner.

He left my mom and walked over to me. "Go turn on the oven" He said. I walked to the kitchen and turned it on. My father came with a long metal rod, and placed it in the oven. He grabbed his heat resistant gloves, slipping them on. I am very scared now. I watched the metal rod turn red, with scorching heat.

He opened the oven door, and took it out holding it in his hands. I could feel the heat radiating off off it.

"Take of your shirt." He demanded. I hesitated, before pulling it off. "Turn around." He said and I followed. Immediately he put the rod against my back. "OW!" I screamed in pain.

"Quiet!" He demanded and pressed harder. My vision blurred, and before I knew it I began crying. The pain was unbearable. Soon enough, everything became fuzzy, and I black out.

*

The strong sensation of pain wakes me up, and I see I am in my room, lying on my bed. How long have I been unconscious? I limped over to my long mirror, and turned around, my back facing the mirror to see the damage. It was a long, thick, red scar that ran down my back.

What has he done to me? I walked over to my night table and dug through the drawer, grabbed a blade, putting it against my skin. A voice in the back of my head told me to stop. I remember promising to my mum I would never do such a thing like this, but things change. I've already been through so much, I don't deserve to live. I made the first cut, and it stung.. But felt great.

I put the blade beside the new cut, ready to make another when my door slammed open... And my mum was standing there horrified.

"Claire!" She shouted, exasperated her chin literally reaching the cheap carpeted floor. She ran over to me and tossed the blade away from my hands, and pulled me into a hug, letting me cry.

"Why are you doing this to yourself dear, why?" She asked.

"I have no right to live anymore." I gasped "I just want to die!" .

"Please, don't do this." She cried. "Please."

*

A/N

This was disturbing to write...