Ch.22) C o m a

*3 Days Later*

Claire's POV

"Claire, wake up." I could hear a hushed voice whisper in my ear, my dream slowly fading away.

"Claire."

"I'm awake." I muttered quietly, rubbing my eyes. I looked over at the night table by my bed, reading the clock.

12:56 PM.

 I've been asleep for a long time. "Claire, remember? You're mum is getting surgery today."

I quickly shot out of bed and ran into the bathroom, brushing my tether and combing out my hair. He walked in behind me, leaning against the door frame. I glanced at him using the mirror. He stood there, smiling at me.

"What?" I asked, pursing my lips.

"You're beautiful." He whispered.

I rolled my eyes, turning around to look at him. "Yeahh" I muttered sarcastically. "A girl with tangled hair and morning breath is 'beautiful'"

He nodded "You are."

I ignored him and turned around, to wash my face.

"So I was wondering." He continued, "I know you're going through a lot at the moment, but I was thinking about taking you on a date... To ya know... Help you clear your mind?"

Aww. I smiled softly under the last splash of water on my face, then patting my face lightly with a towel.

I walked up to him, our face inches away.

"That'd be nice."

*

Niall's POV

The lads and I helped Claire walk into the hospital. Tears had already begun streaming down her face.

"What wrong?" I quietly asked, whispering in her ear.  

"I-" she gasped "I can finally see my mum before her surgery."

I smiled softly. They're finally letting her see her.

Zayn went over to the front desk to check us in as visitors, then we proceeded towards her Mum's room.

"Claire should go in first." Louis suggested. I nodded and let go of her arm, letting her walk in.

Here goes nothing.

Claire's POV

I didn't bother knocking before entering. I saw my mum lying on the bed, fragile and weak.

"Mum?" 

She slowly looked on my at me, smiling weakly. "How are you doing, love?" 

I sniffed slowly sitting down on the edge of her bed, my tear beginning to fall. 

"Fine. How are you." 

"I'm okay." She whispered. "If... things don't go right after the surgery-" 

"Don't say that, Mum." I croaked. She sighed, softly, the stray hair over her face blowing out of the way. "If things don't go out right, just promise me you will never turn out like your father. Just promise me that." 

"I promise." I shut my eyes, taking her hands in mine. "Bring Niall in. I need to talk to him." I nodded, walking out of the room. "Niall." I waved him over. He came walking fast. 

"What's wrong?" 

"My Mum wants to talk to you." I whispered, leaning against the door frame. 

He nodded, taking my hand in his walking in with me. 

"Hello, Ms. Wilson." He greeted her. She smiled. 

"Call me Sandy, love." 

"Sandy." He repeated slowly. I watched my mum smile back at him."I can tell you're an amazing guy for Claire."

I blushed deeply "Mummm stop." She chuckled weakly at me. I glanced at a pink Niall. She cleared her throat, setting the mood back into a serious atmosphere. 

"I need you to promise me something." 

"Anything." He breathed. 

"Promise me you will keep Claire safe, no matter what. I'm counting on you."

"I promise."

The nurse immediately walked in the room. 

"It's time." 

*5 hours later*. 

I anxiously sat next to all the lads, Niall on one side, Zayn on the other. I couldn't stop fidgeting around. I was helpless, clearly giving away that I was nervous. 

"Don't worry, it will all be alright." Zayn assured me. I stared down, not speaking a word. 

"Ms. Wilson?" I could hear the surgeon ask. I shot out of my seat, the boys following after me. 

"Is she alright?" I gasped.

"The surgery was successful..." 

"And?" I eagerly asked.

"But I'm afraid she has gone into a coma" 

*

A/N Oh no! 

Anyways thoughts? Leave your comments x.

And I'm so sorry for the long wait!