Ch.23) A Date

*3 week later*

Claire's POV

"You look... amazing!" Lilly gushed. I did a small spin for her, my knee-high dress spinning with me. Tonight is my date with Niall. The other lads are out, and Niall is here. He's getting ready in his room, I in mine.

Should I be happy? Even I don't know the answer to that. My mum is still in a coma, on life support. These past three weeks have been difficult to cope with. There's been no progress ever since my mum went into a Coma. I've been moping around, wishing everything was back to the way it used to be.

When I lived in London, and my father loved us. Now he's going to stay in a jail cell, and my mum in the hospital for who knows how long?

Anything can happen to them. The only people I have left are Niall, Lilly, and his band mates. And probably my friends at school too.

Oh, and how can I ever forget Chris? He was my best friend. In times like this I was there for him, and he was there for me. Every single day he got bullied. Since the day I left him, we haven't talked.

I'm such a horrible person.

"Claire? Claire?" Lilly snapped her fingers in front of me, quickly bringing me to reality.

"What?"

"Niall's waiting." She giggled, giving me a little shove out my door.

"Have funn!" She sang, and with the she shut my bedroom door. I turned around, and saw Niall with his hands behind his back, smiling at me. He brought his right hand forward, passing me a rose. "For you."

"Thanks." I half smiled.

"Shall we get going?" He asked.

I nodded, as he took his hand in mine.

*

"So where are we going?" I asked. Niall tightened the blindfold over my eyes. "You'll see." He quickly kissed my cheek, and helped me get in the car.

During the drive, Niall and I were quiet. It felt awkward, none of us saying a word.

"So." Niall coughed awkwardly.

"Soooo" I continued. I dropped my hands in my lap. "I'm sorry. I'm so awkward. My mums in the hospital and I'm a wreck, what am I doing I'm so-"

"Shh, Claire. It's alright, I understand. I'm not a pro with dates either. "

I nodded, looking into nothing but darkness in my eyes. I couldn't see his expression, but only hear a smile in his voice .

"At least it makes me feels better"

*

"Here we are." He whispered. A few seconds later I heard the door by me open, and a warm hand take mine, helping me out. I stayed close to Niall and we walked somewhere . As we got closer, I could hear quiet music playing.

When we entered the unfamiliar building, quiet piano music was playing. A rush of warm air hit me, delicious scents filling the room. I could hear quiet chatter as well.

Niall removed my blindfold, quietly exclaiming "surprise".

I gasped, looking around. It was a beautiful restaurant with only a few people, it wasn't crowded at all. Chandeliers hung on the ceiling, the whole place looked beautiful itself.

"Like it?"

"Love it!" I gushed.

"The waitress will show you our seats, I'll be right there in a few."

I nodded, following the tall brunet red lady in front of me who showed me my seat. Niall came and sat down I front of me shortly after.

"What are you going to get?" I asked.

"Everything." He mumbled, his stomach growling right after.

*

Niall was on his second plate of food, which was expected. I was slowly eating mine. All that was on my mind was my mum.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked.

I frowned, shrugging my shoulders. He tilted my chin up so that my eyes were on him. "Everything will be alright, your mum will be ok."

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"I know."

*

Niall's POV

The reason why I didn't take Claire to her seat my self was because I decided to pay the bill before hand, so she wouldn't try to argue with me afterward.

I watched her slowly chew her food, her blonde hair fell perfectly to the sides. Her perfect lips were parted slightly-

Gosh, I fell hard.

I've been waiting so long to ask her this question, it's something I've wanted to do ever since I first laid eyes on her. The minute I saw her I knew she was the one.

"Claire. I have a question."

She quickly glanced up at me, "what's wrong?"

"I've been wondering this for a while now. To start off, you're such a beautiful girl. Amazing, kind, funny and all around perfect. I want to be here for you till the day you die." I paused, realizing the whole restaurant was quiet. "I want to keep you safe from any harm. I-" I gasped again "I love you already. You're perfect, and don't deserve to ever go through what you've been through again. Never. So I'm asking, if you'd do the honour of being my girlfriend."

I watched tears well up in Claire's eyes. "Yes." She whispered. I stood up, and so did she "yes!" She exclaimed again, hugging me tight "I love you too, Niall."

I grinned, hugging her back. I could feel everyone's eyes on us, soft "Awws" being whispered. Suddenly, my phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I let go of Claire, and mumbled "sorry."

"Hello? Liam? What's wrong?" I whispered furiously in a corner of the restaurant.

"Listen, I know that this isn't a good time, but something is happening to Claire's mum. You need to get here, now-" he paused, mumbling something to Zayn before continuing. "Get here as fast as you can!"

I turned off my phone, and ran to Claire.

"What's going on?" She panicked.

"You're mum, something's happening!" I exclaimed.

Right then Claire collapsed in my arms, unconscious.

*

A/N What do you guys think is going on? Comment! Aww, Claire and Niall are together. How cute?! X

The story is very close to the end, by the way.