Ch.11) You Are So Dead

Niall's POV

I slowly walked behind the lads, upset at the fact that Claire moved. What I did today was completely stupid. Paul must know now that were missing, and probably sent some people out to look for us.

I'm risking my own career looking for her. Heck, I'm risking my best friends' careers! What am I doing? What am I thinking? Maybe I should stop looking for her. It's pointless anyways...

"Niall."

I stared at my feet.

"Niall. You okay? We are heading back now."

I jumped out of my thoughts, looking up at a concerned Zayn. He was holding the cab door open for me.

"Ah, right." I came back to my senses and hopped in, squishing my self in between Liam and Zayn, who came in after me.

"Where to now, lads? Did you boys find what you were looking for?" The taxi driver asked.

I sadly shook my head, knowing he could see my face in the rear-view mirror. "We would like to head back, please."

With one nod from the cab driver, we were off.

*

All five of us stood in one line, facing a red-faced Paul in our tour bus.

"They're back, you can head Back now" Paul talked into his black walkie-talkie most likely informing the security that Paul sent out, that we came back.

"And where were you boys?"

I gulped, nervous to answer. Liam was shaking with fear right beside me. I know he doesn't like to lie, and he especially gets upset when Paul is angry.

"Zayn?" Paul asked tapping one foot impatiently. Zayn stared ahead, not answering. Who knows what was going on in that mysterious head of his?

"Louis, do you have anything to say?" Louis looked down at his feet, staying quiet.

"Harry?"

All Harry did was ruffle his curls.

Paul glared at me. "Niall?"

I gulped. "MeandtheladswenttoClaire'sflattoseeifshewasthere" I rushed out in one breath.

"You did what?!" He screeched.

I'm a dead man.

"Who's idea was this?"

When I opened my mouth to confess, when Harry spoke up.

"It was my idea."

Paul turned his face towards Harry "I warned you boys once, not to go back. But you didn't listen!" He shook his head, ashamed. "I'm trying to do the best for you lads. It's my job. I have to protect you."

"I promise I won't go again" I looked with all seriousness at Paul. I'm going to keep that promise. Going after Claire is pointless. She could be anywhere in the world right now.

We are just the two star crossed lovers.

"You better keep that promise. I'm going to hit the sheets, you lads have a long day ahead of you tomorrow" and with that Paul was gone. Me and the lads gathered around.

"Harry, you didn't have to do that. It was my idea. My fault."

"It's what friends are for, Niall"

I grinned at him, "You are the best mate anyone could ever have."

"HE'S MINE!!"

We all looked at Louis at once. "How bout we get some shut-eye, boys?" We all laughed at Louis, and walked towards our bunks.

Well except for me, because right then my stomach growled. "Oreo's, anyone?"

*

I sat alone, dipping my Oreo cookie from which I licked the cream off first.

I've spent so much time trying to help Claire.

Maybe she doesn't need help.

Maybe it's a prank.

What if Paul is right?

People tell me to follow what my heart says... but I don't even know what my heart is trying to tell me.

And that whole night I sat there, trying to get an answer. 

What is going on?

*

A/N comments?