Ch.13) Mates Before Dates

Niall's POV

"Boys, we need to have a quick chat please."

"Boys!"

I shut the refrigerator door. I guess snack time is over. We all walked to the center of the bus, and stood in front of Paul.

"Now, listen to me. Right now we are headed towards Manchester, for your next concert. I want you all to behave, and If I see any one of you leave and wander off into the city, you will be in deep trouble." I felt as if Paul was only staring at me, because it seemed like he was talking to me, ya know, with the the suspicious 'eyeing' and all.

"Understand?" He asked. We all nodded our heads. "Awesome. Now I suggest you lads get some rest, because you will be rehearsing all day."

Paul walked off somewhere to the other end of the bus, so we were just left standing.

"It will be no problem, lads. I'm not going after her anymore." I admitted proudly. "But why?" Zayn asked. 

I chuckled lightly. "Well, it's useless, and I'm risking our careers. I'm sure I'll find a girl better than her." 

"Um, Niall... are you okay? You seem different." Harry sounded worried. I sat down on the chair. "I'm fine, lads! Never could have been better." 

The words that came out of my mouth all felt like lies. It doesn't feel right. This doesn't feel like me. Harry is right... whats wrong with me? 

All of a sudden I don't care about Claire anymore? 

Well, now that you think about it, I barely even know her... Besides, she would never fall for a guy like me. I'm Niall. The only one with braces. The only one who is Irish in the band. I don't have curly brown locks like Harry, or deep brown eyes like Zayn. I don't have the great sense of humor like Louis, or a big heart like Liam. I'm Niall... the worst looking in the band. 

I plastered a fake grin on my face "We're on tour to have fun right, lads? Who cares about girls? It's always mates before dates!" 

Louis chuckled, ruffling my hair. "Niall, you really seem different. You never act like this." 

"I'm still the same lad I was before." I showed my braces. They smiled. That seemed to convince them enough. 

"You want to watch a movie?" 

*

Harry's POV 

I sat in front of the telly, going through the DVD's. 

"Hmm... how about The Notebook?" I asked them all. They shook their head. Damn it. I really wanted to watch that one...

"Finding Nemo?" I asked showing the cover to them. 

"Yeah!" Niall shouted, earning a loud groan from Paul. "Keep it down in there!" 

"Sorry!" I called back, and slid the disc in the player, hopping in between Niall and Louis. The movie began and I had a hard time concentrating. 

I honestly think there is something else going on in Niall's head... he isn't acting the same way as usual. He used to be so optimistic about finding Claire... but now that's all changed. 

What is really going through his head? 

*

A/N Comments?