𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯.━━━ teething babes

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"It Hurts"

Kiara Chase was pretty pissed off. More than that she wanted to scream and probably would have if she knew how. Kiara had never screamed since the age of 9 and when she tried it came out like a screech or rather dying cat. Nothing had gone right at all tonight and her dear sister was not helping... almost literally. The 'hybrid', as she is now classified, swore loudly and paced up and down the parking lot, they had to stop for a minute for Clary to catch her breath but the older girl was pretty sure the longer they stayed here the easier it was for a Circle member to catch up to them and she wasn't the only one. Isabelle didn't put her whip away and Jace kept glancing around them, hefting his seraph blade. Alec couldn't do much but he sat up almost-impossibly straight on the ground. Kiara shifted on the spot, moving the weight of Alec's bow and quiver to her right shoulder, so it didn't hurt her wound.

"Clary, we have to move." Kiara said, tiredly. She didn't even get to ask the burning question in her mind, who the hell was her brother? Kiara patted the pocket of her shorts, reassured; she took the small silver button, out and rolled it in the palm of her hand

"I'm catching my breath."

"Try not to get us, caught too." Isabelle said, keeping an eye on her big...or rather very, small brother.

"Would you all stop breathing down my neck?" Clary said hysterically, Kiara closed her eyes in frustration, "I'm trying, okay? I'm trying to keep calm-"

"- And you're doing a splendid job at it, too." Kiara interrupted.

"Hey, I am right here. I don't care that I look small, unimportant and completely useless to you guys, okay? But-"

"That is not what-"Kiara and Jace tried to say but Clary was on a roll.

"- My mother is still missing and my..." Clary tried to control her breathing, "my last chance at finding her just disappeared into thin air."

"Clary, it's gonna be fine." Isabelle tried to reassure the redhead but Clary wouldn't hear it.

"No, it's not. People are dying because of me and Kiara. Oh, and Magnus? Magnus will never come out of hiding again while Valentine is still after him. We're never gonna find him. And I will... I will never get my memories back!" Clary flashed her green eyes angrily and was about to walk back to Simon's van but Kiara sighed and grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, effortlessly. Kiara tossed Magnus's coat button to Jace, who caught it.

"Clary we know that, you're being over dramatic and you give up way too easily." Jace surveys the button in his hand and walks a few paces away, lighting a rune on his forearm. He closes his eyes in concentration and Kiara lost sight of golden irises; wisps of golden energy circle and fold around his hands, illuminating his pale skin.