𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱.━━━ children please

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Popcorn"

"Magnus...Magnus, what are you doing?" 11 year old Kiara backed away from the warlock who stepped closer, wielding a fist of magic.

"I'm sorry Kitten, if there was another way, I'd do it if it meant I could still keep you" Magnus took another step closer, normally Kiara could never see a difference in his timeless face. Nether old or young. Though she could now see his cat eyes were filled with sorrow, age, grave understanding and knowledge. Magnus looked like every step was causing him physical pain. "I was too content with having you with me, I underestimated the danger I was putting you in." Kiara raised her hands and tried to produce her own magic but nothing happened, if anything it tired her. That wasn't normal.

"Magnus what did you do? Why can't I...Oh God you spiked my coffee didn't you? It was different..." Magnus nodded, he paused and let his hands fall to his sides, and knelt down to cradle the girl who stumbled to the floor, unable to move her body. Kiara glared up at him, her eyes watered but she didn't allow her tears to fall." I'm not afraid of them: I'm not afraid of the Circle, much less Valentine, himself."

"I know you're not, I've never met anyone as selfless or as brave you." Kiara forced herself to raise her head despite the poisoning. Kiara felt her glamour fall, revealing her cat-eyes. She glowered at him angrily and trying to disguise her hurt and fear. Deep down, she knew he could see right through it. Magnus hugged her one last time before he could see her again.

"You lied...You promised you weren't going to leave me like everyone else. Magnus you promised." Kiara's voice broke; she knew her pain won't last when he was done. "I belong here, this is my world. The Downworld. It's my fight too. Please I'm not the child everyone thinks I am...if you just let me..." Magnus raised his left hand over her forehead, blue plumes of magic hovering over her.

"Kitten... Kiara, I'm not leaving you, I could never. It's only until Clary's 18. You are not a child but I can't hide you here. Jocelyn is the only one who can do that now. It won't be forever. Close your eyes, it will hurt but not for long, I promise you that too."

"I hate you. You better...you better keep your promises." Kiara murmured to her infuriating bi... The last thing she saw was bright blue sparks igniting her vision, prying and clawing into her mind.

Kiara woke up in cold sweat, panting and gasping for breath. The light of dawn peeked over the skyline, illuminating the girl curled up on the rooftop of her loft. Kiara sat up straight and watched the horizon. Buttery yellow, to a pinch of pink, deepening into hues of paler blue. Her fingers subconsciously ran over the ring on her finger. Tracing the fairy wings, protecting the initial 'F' in its hold and danced over the runes inscribed in its band. Something about the ring, eased her. Letting her thoughts run in rhythm and more control. In fact there was more than little comfort but the ring seemed to have an unnatural atmosphere around it as well. Clary had the power to see Dot through the crystal necklace. So what could the ring do?