𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯.━━━ fanged flowers

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Betrayed"

" 'Now we got problems, And I don't think we can solve them' "

It was an odd sensation. The world was moving so fast and spinning off, in all directions. But her feet weren't standing on anything, but she wasn't moving either. High winds whistled and swaddled her in a turbulence of shimmering gold and shearing white. Kiara was weightless. Nothing, compared to the wild beauty she was being whisked away in. Someone was holding her hand firmly as if to confirm they weren't dreaming. And she squeezed back in mirrored comfort. And as her thoughts started to catch up with her. They came to an abrupt stop.

And the world righted itself again, making both girls, stumble onto firm ground.

"Kiara? Clary?", asked a familiar voice.

"Captain Vargas", Kiara replied, standing up, she recognized where they were. Somehow, they had teleported in to the NYPD precinct.

"It's 2:00 in the morning. What are you two doing here so late?", she asked looking between her and Clary.

"Uh, um...", Kiara started, not knowing what to say.

"Luke said he'd, uh, drive us home if he was still here", said Clary, quickly. Kiara mentally sighed in relief.

"Still doesn't trust those cabbies, huh?", Captain Vargas smirked, good naturedly. "Well, he's in the middle of an interview. It could take a while", she said kindly.

"Cool, we'll wait in the cafeteria", Kiara said playing along.

"Hey, uh... is there some sort of problem?", "Guy trouble?", she asked, aiming the last question at Kiara. Kiara smiled a little.

"Yeah, sure... Well something along the lines of girl and two guys, kind of trouble." Kiara stepped on Clary's foot, whilst the Captain slowly put together a hazy conclusion.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive", "You were easy to track", said the man sitting in front of Luke's desk, alongside a woman.

"Fairchild?", Kiara mouthed to Clary, but she shrugged, just as confused as her sister. The two of them hid against the staircase. Kiara didn't know why but she felt hiding, was the right thing to do.

"Turns out you and Jocelyn, were never that far apart", the man continued. "The Circle has her now", her grey eyes widened and her heart almost stopped but she had to keep her cool. Kiara continued to eavesdrop and slapped her hand on Clary's mouth so she won't gasp and give away our position.

 "It's just a matter of time until we catch the daughter and the halfling", the woman finished.

"You can have them all if you give up the Mortal Cup", threatened the man. Kiara didn't know what she was expecting, but certainly not what came next.