𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐯.━━━ war machine

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Strategy"

" 'They never lose hope when everything's cold
And the fighting's near' "

"I can't find him." Izzy stated, glancing around, for a trace of Simon.

"What happened?" Kiara inquired the dark haired girl.

"We were going for the van, I heard a noise and I told him to lock himself in while I checked it out. I came back and he was gone."

"Bitch," Clary said savagely, "You were supposed to protect him! Simon!" With that Clary ran past a surprised looking Isabelle, with out waiting for a retaliation.

"Clary come back here! None of this is even her fault!" Kiara yelled after Clary. 

"Ugh, these mundanes are killing me." Jace groaned, the four of them broke into a run, to get to Clary.

"This entire world is out to get me." Kiara narrowed her eyes warily at the marble angel who stared back at her, innocently."

"Ki-" Alec started, but Kiara sprinted ahead, she reached the  van and found Clary already rummaging the seats, Kiara felt icy shard fear slide into her stomach at the thought of Simon in danger of any sort. The three shadowhunters behind them caught up and watched distressed Clary rush out of the damn van screaming for Simon.

"Simon? No. Simon!"

"Is that the mundane's name?" A silky voice called out from within the nights folds. Kiara whipped her head upwards towards the source of noise. Kiara curled her fists, two people, a man and a woman stood on top of the pier of the old bridge. Their skin was deathly pale and and long, needle like fangs glinted wickedly in their mouths. Simon, his glasses lopsided and shirt running up his torso, was dangling upside down in the tight hold of the woman.

 "I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." The man drawled, he seemed Hispanic and something about him prodded Kiara's memory, did she know him?  Simon was just as pale and his eyes watched the ground fearfully.

"No! No, he's not a part of this."  Clary cried out. But Kiara, if under different circumstances,  would have pointed out that he was a part of this the moment he set foot in the Institute.

"And it'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." Jace growled.

"Careful. We'd be violating the Accords." Alec pointed out, Jace glared at Alec but gave in.

"I'm afraid your sidekick's quite right." Alec flinched, Kiara noted before looking back up. "The Night Children have broken no laws." Night Children... Kiara pondered, creatures of the night, fangs, pale skin. They were vampires. "We're negotiating. The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup."