𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.━━━ falling in & out

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Rise Up"

"with the lights out, it's less dangerous,
here we are now, entertain us."

'I swear if that kid ruins one more jacket...'

'— You will leave him alone.'

Kiara lazily made a twisting motion with her hand, and a sheet of mud and grime slid off the jacket which also re-sew itself.

When she, Jace and Clary had finally located one of the three vampires that had disbanded; they found Raphael picking himself off the grime of a ditch bruised alley.

'Where is he, Raphael?'

'He'll be back.'

'Is that you're way of saying you lost a baby vamp?' Kiara scrutinized. 'Aren't you supposed to be eighty?'

'Why would him being older, mean anything?' Clary panted, hands at her hips.

'Seniority is power, in vampire terms. And Simon's only been undead for a minute. I'm impressed.'

'He's also been unstable and very gone for a minute.' Jace sassed. 'Are you still impressed?'

'I let him go.' Raphael scowled. 'I can't look after him if he isn't ready.'

'Part of the job description is to help him get ready.'

'There's so much I can do in this stage,' Raphael locked his olive eyes on Kiara. 'You'd know better than anyone.'

Kiara clenched her jaw, just as her nails bit her palms.

'What does that mean?' Clary looked between the vampire and the hybrid.

'It means...'Kiara licked her lips, 'that Simon's where every new Downworlder goes; his own personal hell.'

'I... I did this. I put him there.' Clary's knees buckled when she slumped against a tarnished van.

'Can't say I didn't warn you, Red – but there were people,' Kiara shot a dirty look at Jace, 'who should have known better – that didn't stop you. If it helps, he doesn't even remember it was you. Those first minutes... a complete blank -- but I have to tell him the truth. He deserves that.'

'And once you rein him in,' Raphael spoke. 'He'll be walking, talking proof to the Clave that Camille broke the Accords.'

'Okay, just stop it!' Clary growled. 'I don't care about your vampire politics! We have to find Simon.'

'And we will.' Jace assured.

'Give me a call when he turns up.' Raphael adjusted his cuff links, whilst stepping away.

'He'll need my help.'

'I think we've had just about enough of your help.' Jace grumbled pulling out his phone.