𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐢.━━━ angelic disguise

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Descent Into Thy Hell"

" 'Got a drop in my throat
Chill in my bones
When no one's around' "

 They stood in front of the tall statue of an angel, its base overgrown with moss. The statue was of  smooth marble, almost translucent. The face of the angel was fierce, beautiful and possibly sad, making Kiara wonder whether a real angel would look like this. In one hand the angel held a cup, its rim studded with marble jewels. Something about the statue stirred in Kiara's memory with an uneasy familiarity. 

A statue like this standing in the middle of nowhere. Should have been brutalized from the weather, but not a dent chipped it's surface. Kiara couldn't say she admired it as much as the others. Angels and demons may be real, and the proof, runs in her blood. But that didn't impress her.

There are choices and their response. 

"Is that meant to be the Mortal Cup?" Clary asked. While Kiara examined the other hand, which held a sword, inscribed on its blade were the words, NEPHILIM: FACILIS DESCENSUS AVERNO.

The three Shadowhunters nodded, Alec noticing what Kiara was looking at, said "And that's the motto of the Nephilim—the Shadowhunters—there on the Soul Sword.

"Soul Sword..."Kiara murmured under her breath, "What does it mean?" Kiara gestured at the blade's inscription. It was Jace who answered this time, grinning mischievously.

"It means 'Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies.'"

"My Latin's pretty rusty, but I'm almost positive that's not what that says." Clary

"It means: The Descent into Hell is Easy." Kiara looked up in surprise, she and Alec had said that together. Everyone focused their attention on Kiara.

"How did you know that?" Kiara didn't know, she never tried learning archaic Latin; much less classical Latin. And as usual Kiara couldn't answer Alec. His eyes were narrowed in suspicion. Well he's back to normal, Kiara thought bitterly. Yet, now Jace and Izzy probably don't trust her either. The grey eyed girl refused to meet anyone's gaze.

"Nice and cheery," said Clary, breaking the tension, but a shiver went through the petite girl.

"It's the Brothers' little joke, having that here," said Jace, returning to Clary. "You'll see." 

Clary gasped, Simon and Kiara watched skeptically. Alec and Izzy however seemed indifferent, when Jace ran a knife down the palm of his hand. Blood trickled from the cut and Jace quickly let his blood fall into the marble Mortal Cup.

"That's sick, man." Simon blurted in disgust.

"Well, normally there are runes to open the City but only Silent Brother's can use them." Isabelle explained. "Though since we came unannounced, Shadowhunter blood will suffice."