𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.━━━ heeled hearts

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Running"

" 'Have you met the thief? Do you know the killer?
Have you seen my teeth? Yeah' "

"Girls, come on. We gotta go". Simon pleaded. Kiara snapped out her reverie, her decision was made.

"Simon...Si, I think Jace can help us." Kiara held her best friend's arm and looked at him apologetically. Simon looked at her hurt and exasperated.

"What? Come on. How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even gonna try..."

"Simon, do you really think I'm stupid enough to choose him over you unless I had a good reason?" He blanched at this, guiltily.

"Mundane, we do not have the time for this." Jace growled impatiently.

"Come on, Simon. Let's go." Clary sighed. Moving towards the Institute.

"Woah, Simon's not going in there." Kiara protested.

"But-"

"No Clary, he shouldn't have to know, it's too dangerous. Simon go home", Kiara urged. She had no idea what could happen, if he was brought into this world. Bad enough she's an irresponsible elder sister, but dragging in her best friend into unknown danger? What kind of friend was she?

" No, Simon is coming and that's final", Clary finished. Simon and Jace, unsurprisingly agreed with Clary. They recoiled a little at Kiara's glare.

"Fine but I'm not backing you up if something happens to Simon." Kiara said to Clary, giving up. Leaving the dead Circle member, we walked into the Institute. For a moment Kiara could see the Institute for what it looked to mundanes, empty, old and decayed. Slowly, Kiara peeled away the glamour until she could see the ops center.

 The Shadowhunters in the room did not spare the new comers a glance but were indulged in screens, holographic maps of the city or watching demonic activity. Simon saw none of this. Jace began drawing a rune on his arm, making Simon flinch at Jace's self harm. "I know. Trust me." Kiara muttered.

"He's, like, burning himself." Jace took Simon's hand in his, that was it for Simon. "Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man. I don't even..." 

"Simon hit the pause button on the panic attack. He's into a certain red-head." Kiara deadpanned.

Simon stuttered as he saw the building for what it really was, flushing out any jealously he might have acquired. Kiara held back her laughter and they walked on. Simon continued to stutter "Where are we? What the hell? Is there a war going on that I don't know about?"

"There is now." Jace stated.

"We think my mother's at the center of it." Clary filled in.

"What is this place? There's a lot of gear in here. What'd they do, rob a tech shop?" Simon surveyed the entire room. "So this cold-blooded killer is gonna help us?" Jace smiled humorlessly at Simon's remark.