𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢.━━━ rebirth

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Growing Pains"

"Someone comes into your world. Suddenly your world has changed forever"

'First rule of Shadowhunting... when something explodes, just keep walking. Never think twice. Never look away.'

'And what's the second rule?'

A golden whip slithered it's coils around the Cup and swung back to its owner; Isabelle while she clicked down the stairs in her 6-inch stilettos. Jace rolled his eyes, but the Fairchild cousins were impressed.

'There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heels.' Isabelle taunted.

'Show off.' Kiara scoffed, good naturedly.

'That's not how you pronounce thank you.'

Isabelle tossed the Cup into the hybrids hands. Oddly, it felt quite light despite its size. Kiara felt a queer sensation, like miniscule waves of cold water rush up her veins. The Shadow World's abomination was holding the Mortal Cup. Kiara was surprised no bolt of lightning raged down, to zap her out of existence.

'Alec, what are you doing?'

Kiara looked up from the Mortal Cup, to see Alec—who was downright terrifying when he didn't blink once, while staring at a holographic projection of the Institute. Badgered by Jace who was trying to get his parabatai away from the hologram.

Kiara gave the Cup back to Clary, and for the first time watched the red heads hand sink into the tarot card; the Mortal Cup disappeared into the paint.

'You can stare at this monitor all you want. They need angel blood to get past the wards.'

'And an incredible amount of stupidity, sometimes confused as daring.' Kiara added.

'Ergo, no Downworlder can come into the Institute.' Isabelle grimaced. 'Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter. Or well in Kiara's case.'

Isabelle glanced her way. 'Is part Angel.'

'First off, I didn't need the lesson.'

'You might have.' Jace shrugged. 'You had a habit of falling asleep during class.'

'Secondly,' Alec threw a stray pencil at Jace. 'Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter.' Alec crossed his arms. 'The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave.'

'Give it back to the Clave? No.' Clary stood up a little straighter. 'Not after everything we went through to get it.'

'Clary, it's not something for a single person to claim.' Kiara droned. 'But... We can use that grey area. Oh I love finding loopholes when it comes to you Nephilim.' Kiara clapped her hands excitedly.