𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢.━━━ smile more

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"The Silent Brothers"

" 'Talk that talk and raise the heat
The more you push me over
I know that you're the one for me' "

"Don't even..." 

"Absolutely not." The Lightwood siblings warned their adoptive brother. Both siblings, looked fearful, this surprised Kiara, she barely knew them but it never occurred to her they could be scared of someone or something. Foolish thought.

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jace shrugged.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers. Who possess the ability to recover memories." Jace clarified.

"A process that can also kill you." Alec warned, looking directly at Kiara, "So there's that." he shrugged.

"Why do I feel like you'd like that?" Kiara commented.

"Don't feel to pleased with yourself, your not that annoying, yet." 

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon pointed out, making Alec roll his eyes again before turning back to Jace, jaw clenched.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones?" "There's no way. I won't allow it." 

"This isn't our choice to make." Jace says distastefully, everyone turned their attention, turned to him. "This is their decision", he gestures at Kiara and Clary. Kiara swallows, she hated it when he forced her to decide. What were her options though? Kiara wanted so badly to know why she was even in this room, with these people. The Silent Brothers, whoever they were, seemed to really scare the Lightwood siblings, their reactions proved that.

"You can't ask them to do this, they doesn't know what they're facing! Neither of them are prepared, Jace." Isabelle protested.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." Silence was the answer to Clary's outburst, no one wanted to look at the other.

"That settles it." Kiara states distastefully.

"So, you agree, then?" Clary asks.

"Not really but lets do it and..." Kiara addresses the others in the room, "I don't want anyone getting in trouble on our watch so please none of you well... other than maybe Jace and Simon since they'll follow Clary anywhere-- have to come." 

Isabelle was the first to move, she paced over to Kiara.

"I'm game." Isabelle fingered her golden snake-bracelet.

Kiara smiles in appreciation, and the girl notices that Alec watches the interaction silently before muttering.

"Me too."