𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐱.━━━ in memorial

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"The Death Of Kiara Chase"

"Thought we built a dynasty forever couldn't break up"

'I know where the Cup is.'

'Come again?'

Magnus and Kiara said at the same time; Magnus tossed his book aside and it connected with Kiara's shoulder. She hissed and he stuck his tongue out at her.

'The tarot cards.' Clary began, 'My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups. The card looks exactly like it.'

'Did you say in the Ace of Cups?' Kiara folded her arms. As in the Mortal— and very three-dimensional Cup— inside a very, very two-dimensional card?'

'About that...'

Clary went on to explain how she must have inherited Jocelyn's powers— which basically meant that some shadowhunters had more angelic attributes. Giving them powers— like in Clary's case, the ability to phase through differ dimensions; pressing objects into paper, transforming them into drawings or paintings. As well as reaching in and taking them out.

Evidence? It explained the mythical biscotti.

'Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this?'

Clary furrowed her brows when Jace, Kiara and Magnus exchanged grim expressions.

'All we have to do is find...'

Realization dawned.

'Dot.'

'If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time.' Said Jace, 'If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup...'

'We know.'

Kiara waved him aside, having already heard their possible doomsday on repeat, for far too many times.

'If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square.' Magnus circled Clary. 'People would notice.'

'But he can control demons. I've seen it.'

Clary and Kiara mentally recoiled at the mention of their first downfall to the Ravener demon, back at the Fairchild loft.

'Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy,' Magnus dismissed. 'Especially since they rarely
survive long enough to collect.'

'Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card.' Jace tried and failed at being comedic.

'Opening the gates of hell... that's a little more tricky.' Kiara vaguely remembered, 'Not impossible, but very taxing.'

'Valentine doesn't have the cards.'