She Won't Like This

Alonzo's POV:

A few days have gone by since my accident. My injuries haven't fully healed as my ribs still felt sore and my arm remained in a cast but on the bright side, I was able to go back home and do moderate work around the ranch. What I am not able to do, Dylan helps me out with. Today is a Friday afternoon, the girls went into town for Jade's doctor's appointment so my mother suggested they turn it into a girl's day trip which left Dylan, my father, and me to tend to ranch duties. 

I was taking Diablo, Storm, and Whiskey out to pasture when Dylan rode over on Cream. 

"Taking them out to graze?" Dylan asked.

"Sure am," I replied. "Did you get that fence fixed?"

"All down," Dylan confirmed as he hopped off Cream.

Just then, a loud, obnoxious car can down the dirt road and parked in front of the house. The engine revved, sending Whiskey into a frightened mode, as he reared up due to the loud noise. Dylan helped me with the horses as I tried to calm Whiskey down. 

"What's that guy's problem!" Dylan yelled. 

"Take the horses out to pasture," I ordered as he mounted Cream. 

I quickly handed him the reins and made my way over to the bright red Maserati. I was gonna teach this idiot a lesson on how you never rev an engine like that in front of horses. I stomped over to the car and stopped when I saw the driver's side door open. The car turned off and out stepped an older gentleman who was dressed in a fancy suit. He took off his sunglasses and smiled, "Good afternoon, Mr. Travis."

"Shit," I mumbled. 

I couldn't believe my eyes! What in God's name is Mr. Scott doing here?! I slowly walked over to Mr. Scott and stopped when I was at a respectful distance. 

"Mr. Scott, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I inquired. 

"You're looking well, considering your accident." He side-stepped the question. "I was shocked to hear of your accident considering your reputation."

"You don't have to act like you give a shit. I think we both know that you didn't come out here because you are concerned about my health so what the hell are you doing here?"

He put his hands deep in his pant pockets and answered, "I'm here to see Jade."

"Hate to ruin your plans but my wife is not here at the moment," I explained. "She is in town with my mother and our daughter."

"So, she had a girl," Mr. Scott sighed softly. 

I rolled my eyes and began walking off. 

"Oh Alonzo, stop!" He blurted out. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be an ass. I just need to see my daughter. When will she be back?"

I turned back around and responded, "I don't know. You know she isn't gonna want to see you, right?"

"I have my suspicions and I am well aware as to why that might be the case." He assured. "Nevertheless, I still need to speak with her."

A brief moment of silence appeared. I stared at Jade's father. Even though I agreed to his proposal last time, I never really did it for him. I did it for Jade. For a man to throw away his daughter for a simple mistake is disgusting. But I guess that is what you get when your father is a well-known and respected man in the business world. 

I went on to finish my chores around the ranch while he stayed in the house. When five o'clock rolled around, I headed back to the house where I saw Mr. Scott chatting with my father. I joined them at the table with a glass of water in my hand. Once again, there was silence. 

"What can you tell me about my granddaughter?" 

I chuckled and smirked, "What makes you think I would tell you anything about my daughter? You are a man who gave up his own daughter and now you expect to be apart of your grandaughter's life? I pity you."

Just then, the garage door opened, and in came my mother holding Arabella, followed by Jade who shouted, "Alonzo, whose car is that?"

When Jade came into the kitchen and saw her father, she stormed off into our bedroom, slamming the door behind her.