Growing as a Couple

Jade's POV:

I parked my car in the driveway and hopped out of my car, as I headed inside. I have just returned from my doctor's appointment, where I was told that the baby's hearing is developing. I am now five months pregnant, and I am preparing for more changes such as backaches, dizziness, indigestion, and so much more. My pregnancy hasn't been so bad though, especially with Alonzo's help. Even though our relationship didn't start out the best, it was growing and I found myself falling in love with him. Slowly though. 

I opened the front door, and stepped into the house, closing the door behind me. I took off my shoes and set my purse down, while I hung my keys up. 

"Alonzo!" I called, as I headed to the kitchen. 

There was no reply. I figured that he must be outside working, so I went into the kitchen where I washed my hands, poured myself a glass of water, and started washing the dishes in the sink. As I was scrubbing the dishes, I felt someone's hands on my waist. I stopped what I was doing and took my hands out of the water. It wasn't long after, that the hands-on my waist gently slid up my stomach and stopped at the top, as I was gently pulled close. 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Alonzo, dressed in a plaid shirt, jeans, and a black cowboy hat

I looked over my shoulder and saw Alonzo, dressed in a plaid shirt, jeans, and a black cowboy hat. I placed my hands over him, as I rested the back of my head on his chest. He gently set his chin on my shoulder and asked, "How was the appointment?"

"Good, the doctor said everything looked great," I answered. 

The two of us fell silent again. Alonzo moved his hands down to my stomach and stopped them there. Just then, the baby began to kick inside, causing Alonzo's head to shoot up off my shoulder. 

"What the! Was that what I think it was?"

I laughed and turned around to face Alonzo, who was blown away by the baby kicking. 

"The doctor did tell me that this would be happening a lot now since I am five months along," I explained. 

"I can't believe this." Alonzo started. "This is incredible!"

I smiled up at Alonzo. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I couldn't believe how much love Alonzo had for this baby. A baby that isn't his by blood. It amazed me and only made me love him even more. 

***

Later that night, I was in the bathroom getting ready for the night, while Alonzo was laying in bed, reading a "What to Expect When You Are Expecting" book. Once I was done washing my face, I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas. The last thing I had to do was brush my teeth, and once I was done with that, I walked out of the bathroom and headed back into our bedroom. 

As I walked around our bedroom, making sure everything was good for the night, I saw Alonzo staring at me. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"I can't believe how beautiful you are," Alonzo replied. "Five months pregnant and still sexy as ever."

"Alonzo!" I chuckled. 

I walked over to the bed, where I hopped on top and began crawling over to Alonzo. I sat down in his waist, as I looked down at him. He moved his hands onto my belly, so I placed mine over his. As I looked down at him, my heart began to race and I got goosebumps all over. 

"Dang, she is really kicking in there," Alonzo said

"She? How do you know it's a girl?"

"I can just tell." Alonzo chuckled.

"No, it's gonna be a boy." 

"How do you know that?" Alonzo asked.

"A mother just knows." I smiled. 

I slowly leaned in to kiss him and Alonzo met me halfway.