Shall We Dance?

Alonzo's POV:

It's early in the evening and I was in the stadium, at the hoedown. I sat at a table in the back, but that had a clear view of the dance floor. I sat by myself because Jade didn't feel like coming. I started tapping my hand to the beat of the music that was being played. After the song stopped playing, I felt someone's hand gently touch my back. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jade. She was dressed in a black and turquoise dress, with black boots, a straw hat, and a cross necklace. All of which matched her outfit. Including her nails, that she painted with nail polish.

I quickly stood up from my seat

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "I thought you didn't want to come."

"Not at first but I felt bad not coming with you, so here I am," Jade explained.

I smiled at Jade. I pulled out a chair, so she could take a seat next to me. Once she was seated, I helped scoot her in. Then, I took my seat. It took me the longest time to stop looking at Jade. I couldn't help it. She looked so pretty.

We eventually got some food and refreshments. We ate together at the table, while we watched everyone on the dance floor line dancing. It wasn't long after we finished eating when Chelsea Harring came over to my table.

"Alonzo!" she started. "Oh my, it is so good to see you again."

"Hi, Chelsea." I greeted.

Jade was left out of this conversation and was curious as to who Chelsea was to me.

"I didn't think you would be here tonight," Chelsea smirked.

"Why wouldn't I be? I'm always at the hoedown." I replied.

"Well I just figured after everything that happened, you wouldn't want to be in the same space as me and because you won tonight too."

"You thought wrong." I chuckled.

A brief moment of silence fell between us. But, that didn't stop Jade from getting involved in this awkward situation.

"Hello, I'm Jade." Jade introduced, as she stuck her hand out for Chelsea to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Jade," Chelsea replied. "How do you know Alonzo?"

"Jade is my wife, Chelsea." I chimed in.

"What?! Really? I mean congratulations."

"Thank you!" Jade said, before continuing. "Your the Chelsea Harring that came second in the barrel racing tonight, aren't you?"

Chelsea took that the wrong way and walked off without saying anything.

"Who is Chelsea to you?" Jade asked me.

"Chelsea is my ex-girlfriend," I admitted.

"Really? How long were you two together?"

"Only five months before she left me for my rival, Randy Smith. You see, Chelsea likes to jump from winner to winner."

"That's interesting, considering the fact that she has never won a barrel racing championship." Jade roasted.

I laughed and said, "Well, you're not wrong. Thanks for the help with her too."

Jade looked over at me and slightly nodded her head. The two of us found ourselves starring into each other's eyes. I could have kept ongoing, but I broke away and asked, "Would you like to dance?"

Jade appeared to be hesitant but eventually agreed. I helped her up and the two of us walked onto the dance floor, where a slow song was playing and all the couples were dancing together. Jade put her hands around my neck, while her arms rested on my shoulders. I placed my hands on her waist and the two of us started swaying to the music.