Mother in-law

Jade's POV:

Another month has gone by and I am now four months pregnant. Things have slowly gotten better since Alonzo has been helping me. He has been giving me some things and chores to do around the ranch, that way I am not bored all the time. But, the chores aren't too stressful for me, that way the baby and I aren't in any jeopardy. Not only that but I have been making more of an effort in getting to know Alonzo, that way things aren't completely awkward between the two of us. We almost seem like a couple in the early stages of dating. 

I have just gotten home from the grocery store. I grabbed one bag from the back of my car and carried it into the house. Once I was inside, I opened the front door and shouted, "Alonzo, I'm back! But I need help getting the groceries out of my car."

It wasn't long before I saw Alonzo turn the corner and quickly walk over to me. He seemed rushed but I didn't know what for, so I simply smiled at him. 

"Hi," I said. 

Alonzo skipped greeting me and blurted out, "I need to tell you something."

"What is it that you need to tell me?" I asked. 

"My mother is here." Alonzo continued. "She returned while you were out shopping. I had no idea she was coming until she showed up. I haven't told her about you in any way. Heck, she doesn't even know that we are married, let alone that you are pregnant."

Hearing this put a lot of worry on me. I didn't know how to react or what to do. 

"What do you suppose we do?"

"Do you trust me?" Alonzo asked as he held out his hand. 

I nodded my head and took his hand. He led me into the family room, where Dylan and a lady, who I assumed was Alonzo's mother, were seated. Dylan appeared to be uncomfortable. I did not know if it was because of Alonzo's mother or the situation. 

"Oh Alonzo, I'm glad your back." his mother began. "Why have you brought the maid in? You boys should pick up after yourselves instead of hiring someone to do it for you. Have I taught you nothing?"

"And with that being said, I think I will go for a ride," Dylan said, as he stood up and walked out of the room. 

"Mother, she is not our maid." Alonzo corrected. "This is Jade, Jade Travis and she is my wife."

His mother's eyes widened, as his hands quickly covered her mouth. Once a few minutes past, she shot up from her seat and lowered her hands. Alonzo held my hand tight. 

"What?!" his mother shouted. "You're married!"

"I was going to tell you sooner or later, but then we found out that we were expecting and I totally forgot about it." Alonzo covered up. 

"You are expecting too!"

Alonzo nodded his head. His mother fell back into her chair and tried to grip this situation. Once she composed herself, she looked over at me and asked, "How far along are you?"

"I am four months pregnant," I replied softly. 

"I can't believe this," she mumbled. 

I started to become scared of what she might say or do, so I took a step forward and grabbed Alonzo's arm and then his hand. 

"Mom

"Mom." Alonzo started.

"Don't Alonzo!" his mother snapped. 

Alonzo and I took a seat on the couch across from his mom, that way I could relax. As we sat on the couch, his mother stared across at me. I felt completely uncomfortable. 

"Where did you two meet?"

"At a rodeo that we were both competing at," Alonzo replied. "Jade is a barrel racer. Probably one of the bests."

"I should have known." his mother started. "However, I didn't think you wouldn't tell me you got married or that you were going to have a baby. I'm disappointed."

"I know that this isn't how it should have gone down, but you should be mad at me and not hold any of this against Jade." Alonzo insisted. "After all, I didn't tell you, not her."

Later that Night

I was laying in bed, as I heard the yelling and shouting between Alonzo and his mother

I was laying in bed, as I heard the yelling and shouting between Alonzo and his mother. She wasn't making things easy for Alonzo and I. In fact, I was starting to freak out about everything. There was so much heat going on and I don't know how to cope with it. The bedroom door opened and in walked Alonzo, closing our bedroom door behind him. 

"Is everything alright?" I asked. 

"Yeah, she just needs to calm down and except everything," Alonzo replied. 

He took off his shirt, revealing the tattoos on his arms and chest, along with his muscular abdomen. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and felt hot. It wasn't long before my crazy pregnant hormones took over after that. 

"Do you want me to put my shirt back on?" he asked. 

"No, you're fine." I immediately replied, trying to take my eyes off of him.

Alonzo slowly walked over to me, pulling the covers back and asking, "Are you sure?"

He looked into my eyes and me in his. Then, he looked down at my pregnant belly, which was covered by my pajama shirt. He gently placed his hand on my belly and stroked it gently. I looked back and forth between his head and hand. I got goosebumps. My hormones were going crazy. So much that it was hard for me to control myself. 

I gently took his hand off my belly and pushed him onto his back, while I sat on top of him. He placed his hands on my hips and looked up at me. I looked down at him and started breathing heavily. With the small amount of flexibility that I had, I put the tip of my pointer finger gently under his chin, as I leaned in to give him a kiss.