Merry Christmas!

Alonzo's POV:

I woke up very early Christmas day,only to notice that Jade wasn't in bed. I quickly shot up, looking around the room for Jade. She was no where in site, so I ran out of the room looking for her. It wasn't long before I found her sitting on the couch, in the living room, by the Christmas tree. She had the plate of Christmas cookies, that were left for Santa, on her belly! As she ate the cookies, Jade talked to the baby. 

"Are you enjoying these cookies, as much as I am?" Jade asked the baby. "You better be since you woke me up in the middle of the night for a late night snack."

"What are you doing?" I interrupted.

Jade quickly turned her head in my direction. She looked surprised to see me. I walked over to her, and sat on the center table, as I looked at her. 

"Care to explain yourself?" I teased.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Jade apologized. "The baby started kicking at night and then I got some cravings. The cookies were just laying out."

I couldn't help, but smile and laugh.

"Come on, it's Christmas day already! You need to get some sleep before we have to wake up in a few hours to open present. I encouraged."

"Alright, help me onto my feet." Jade chuckled. 

I helped Jade onto her feet and the two of us headed back to our room. We fell back to sleep in a matter of minutes. 

Hours went by and later that morning, Jade and I were awoken by my mother, who urst into our room saying, "Merry Christmas you two! Now get up, its present time!"

Soon after, my mom left while Jade and I struggled to wake up.

"Ugh, we can't just push back the time frame?"Jade complained. 

"I strongly doubt it. My mom loved Christmas with a passion." I explained. 

Jade turned on her back and pushed herself up onto her feet. We both sluggishly walked to the living room. Both of my parents sat on the couch, that is closest to the tree. Jade and I sat across form them. My mom was so excited to being because of the huge smile on her face and the eager way she sat. 

Without hesitation, my mother grabbed a bag from under the Christmas tree. As she handed the bag over to me, my mother said, "here baby this is from your father and I."

I took the bag and instantly felt that it was heavy, so I set the bag on the floor. I pulled the paper out of the bag revealing a black case. I took the case out of the bag and opened the case, revealing a custom made caliber hand gun. It was brown and silver, with a horse engraving in the handle. 

"Geez, this is a work of out!" I blurted out loud

"Geez, this is a work of out!" I blurted out loud. "Y'all didn't have to do this."

"Yes, we did." my mother replied. "Your father and I know how much you love your guns."