Complications?

Jade's POV:

Misty and Hunter joined me for an afternoon walk around the ranch. I was heading back to the house when I passed the outside arena, only to see Alonzo and Dylan. With the rodeo's coming around, Alonzo thought it would be a good to start his bull riding training again. Alonzo was in the arena while Dylan stood behind the fence. So I walked over to Dylan, to join him.

"Afternoon." I greeted.

Dylan looked over his shoulder and smiled once he saw that it was me. "Jade! How have you been?"

"I'm doing good but this belly of mine ain't making things any easier for me." I chuckled. 

"Huh, I bet." Dylan said. "Are you seven months pregnant now?"

"I sure am." I answered. 

Dylan and I turned our heads toward the center of the arena where Dylan was hanging onto a bull. There were several rodeo clowns in the arena as well, including several men to help set up the bull for the next run. 

"How is he looking?" I asked. 

"Alonzo is shaking off those cob webs. It won't take him long before he gets back his full skill set." Dylan explained. 

"Good." I smiled, as we went back to watching. "Dylan, why do you coach Alonzo?"

"What do you mean? He's my friend. Why wouldn't I help him out?"

"That's not what I meant, I apologize. I meant how do you know so much about bull riding? Did you use to do the sport?"

Dylan took a deep breath and sighed. "I use to be a bull rider in my younger days. Alonzo and I were both top competitors in the sport. But that was all before my accident." Dylan began. 

"Accident? What accident?"

"I was bull riding in a rodeo. The bull was too much for me so I fell off. I tried to get up before I got caught by the bull, but it was too late and the bull pounded me in the chest with his back legs. I broke four ribs that day." Dylan continued. "I was advised by my doctor to never ride bulls again, if I wanted to live a full life. So, I haven't since then. I guess Alonzo saw that I was struggling afterwards because it wasn't long before he asked me to be his coach. So, here I am."

"Dylan, that is terrible! I'm so sorry that happened to you." 

"It's alright, I'm doing well without it." Dylan assured.

Dylan and I continued watching Alonzo, outside of the arena. As I continued watching Alonzo, I felt a painful kick coming from inside my belly. It was something I hadn't experienced before, so my hand immediately shot to my belly. It kept on happening that I was experiencing pain, so I quickly made the decision to leave.

"Well, I better head back to the house. Let me know how he does, Dylan." I said, as I started heading toward the house, holding my big belly. 

When I made it to the house, I quickly walked over to a comfy chair near the window, so I could sit down and relax. Once I was seated, I took deep breaths as I tried to relax myself. Minutes went by and the pain stopped. I concluded that what I was experiencing was Braxton Hicks contractions. 

Minutes went by, when Alonzo came into the room with a concerned face. 

"Jade, is everything alright?" Alonzo asked. "Dylan said you walked of holding your belly. He thought you were in pain."

"I'm alright, it was just contractions. It's stopped now." I explained. 

Alonzo bent over to kiss the top of my head before putting his hand on my belly, to gently stroke it. 

***

Later that night, I found myself waking up at four o'clock in the morning. I pushed myself up so that I could sit up. I was experiencing so much hip and back pain. I tried to move my legs but I couldn't feel anything happening. My legs were numb! I immediately become concern. 

"Alonzo!" I called, as I nudged him. "Alonzo!"

Alonzo woke up. He slowly sat up because he isn't fully awake. When he sat up, he looked over at me. 

"What is it? What's wrong?" Alonzo asked.

"I can't feel my legs! They're numb!" I explained. 

Alonzo shot out from the bed and walked around to my side. He gently picked me up and walked me to the front door. He sat me down in a nearby chair, while he opened the front door and opened his truck. Then, he came back for me and carried me to the truck. Once the house was locked up, Alonzo quickly drove to the hospital.

After being examined, the doctor came to inform us what I was experiencing. 

"Alright Jade, it appears that you were having Sciatica. Now your hip and back pain is apart of that, so when you start to experience that again I want you to put a hot or cold pack on it. The numbness in your leg is also apart of Sciatica which should go away after birth." Informs the doctor. 

"Is there anything we can do to help this?" Alonzo asked.

"Aside from the hot or cold pack, I'll give you stretches that you can do but the numbness will be there until the birth unless it decides to go away."

"Okay, thank you doctor." I thanked.