A Little Surprise

Alonzo's POV:

Dylan and I came back to the house to eat lunch. We raided the kitchen and sat at the table to eat when I noticed my mom was watching Arabella in the family room. I stood up and walked over to her. It has been four weeks since Arabella was born. My parents have been helping us out with Arabella, while we keep up with our ranch duties and prepare for an upcoming rodeo. 

"Mom, where is Jade?" I asked. 

"She got tired so I told her to take a nap while I watch Arabella." my mom replied. 

I walked down the hall and slowly opened our bedroom door, only to find Jade passed out asleep on the bed. I quietly shut the door and went back into the living room where Dylan and my mom were. 

"Hey y'all, I might need your help with something." I blurted. 

"What do you need?" Dylan asked. 

***

Jade's POV:

My eyes slowly opened and I sighed heavily. I sat up on the bed and stretched my arms. I looked over at the clock and couldn't believe it was already five o'clock. I stood up and opened the bedroom door, then I walked down the hallway looking for Arabella and Barbra. 

"Hello?" I shouted. "Is anyone home?"

I decided to go to Arabella's nursery to see if anyone was in there. When I opened the door, I saw Arabella in her crib while Dylan watched over her. 

"Dylan, where is everybody?" I asked. 

"Oh, Alonzo's parents went to the grocery store so I thought I would look after Arabella and Alonzo is waiting for you out at the stables," Dylan explained. 

"Waiting?" I puzzled. "Oh and Dylan, thanks."

I closed the door and walked out of the house, as I headed toward the stables. When I walked into the stables, I saw Whiskey and Diablo saddled up and ready to go. I am so confused. What is going on?

"You're awake," Alonzo said walking up behind me. 

"I am," I replied. "What is going on here?"

"We are gonna go for a ride," Alonzo answered as he put my hat on my head. 

"Why?"

"Because you haven't been able to go for months."

I smiled at Alonzo. "Alright cowboy, let's go." 

I put my foot in the stirrup and swung my other leg over to the other side. I got comfortable and held the reins in my hands, as I waited for Alonzo to get on Whiskey. Once we were ready to go, we rode our horses our of the barn before cantering away. 

We rode our horses through an open field, as the sun began to set in front of us. It is such a peaceful ride, especially because it was just Alonzo and me. We stopped our horses so we could watch the sunset. 

"What do you think of everything?" Alonzo asked. 

"What are you referring to?"

"You, me, our marriage and family."

"I love you, Alonzo. You have done things for me that I will never be able to repay." I admitted. "I know that we will have a great life together and I know you will be a great father to Arabella."

"Yeah! How so?"

"Because you are gonna be changing the diapers." I chuckled. 

Alonzo held out his hand and I reached out to grab it. The two of us watched the sunset, as we held hands.