Adjusting...

Jade's POV:

I had a hard time sleeping, so I woke up early in the morning. I left my pajamas on and put on some boots, before going outside. I walked around, breathing in the fresh air, as I looked around to clear my head. Adjusting to the pregnancy wasn't easy for me. I couldn't ride or do many things, now that I was expecting. I was walking by the pastures when I saw Diablo by the fence. I smiled, as I walked over to the fence. Once Diablo saw me, he trotted over to me, sticking his head over the fence.

I gently placed my hands on his face and began stroking him softly, as I leaned in. I began crying and said, "I know Diablo, things are changing."

Alonzo's POV:

I watched from a distance, seeing Jade with Diablo, as she cried. At first, I thought it was just her hormones changing, but then I realized that that wasn't all of it. I knew that Jade was having a hard time adjusting to the pregnancy. Which is why I knew that it wasn't just the hormones working against Jade. I didn't know what to do to help her.

Just then, Dylan rode up to me and asked, "Is Jade alright?"

"Yeah, I think it is just her hormones changing, due to the pregnancy." I lied.

"Huh, that is why woman carries the babies and not us." Dylan joked as he rode off.

I looked back over at Jade. I still felt bad, so I walked over to her and stopped a few feet behind her. I didn't want to upset her or scare her, so I said, "Jade."

She stopped herself from crying and tried to hide the fact that she was crying. Then, she turned around and smiled.

"Jade, is there anything I can do to help?" I asked.  "I know you haven't been happy lately."

"I can't talk about this with you."

"Why not?"

"Because you're happy about this baby, and I don't have those feelings!" Jade shouted.

She buried her face in her hands. She was so embarrassed by what she had just said, that she began crying again.

"I am pregnant with a stranger baby! A baby that I am not prepared to have or that I want! I can't ride or compete because of this baby! Everything is changing and to me, it is not for the best. My father abandoned me when I needed him the most and I was forced into marriage." Jade explained. "I'm sorry Alonzo, I meant no offense. The other half of it is, that my husband has more love for this baby than I do."

"Jade, I know that this situation isn't ideal but I can help you," I assured.

"How?"

I slowly approached Jade and grabbed her left hand. I moved her wedding ring with my thumb. I looked at her and said, "You have to trust me and I promise you that things will get better."

Jade looked down at the ground. She became silent and took a deep breath.

"Okay." Jade agreed.

I quickly brought her into my arms and held her tight, as she cried into my chest.