Just This Once

Jade's POV:

It is early in the afternoon and I was so bored, that finding something to do was hard. So, I decided to go outside, and walk around the ranch with Misty and Hunter. I loved how the two dogs stuck close, as the three of us walked around the ranch. When we got to the stables, I thought I would stop by Diablo's stall. But, when I did, he wasn't there, so I went outside and still didn't find him.

Then, in the distance, I saw Alonzo with his horse, Whiskey

Then, in the distance, I saw Alonzo with his horse, Whiskey. Alonzo was tacking Whiskey up, so I walked over to Alonzo and saw that Diablo was behind Whiskey. He was all tacked up in his nice and fancy tack. I was confused. Why is Diablo tacked up? And if someone is taking him for a ride, who is it?

"Alonzo, what are you doing?" I asked.

Alonzo stopped what he was doing and turned around to face me, with a smile.

"Hey," Alonzo began, as he looked back at the horses. "I thought we could go for a ride."

"What?! You're gonna let me go for a ride being four months pregnant?"

"It's a one-time thing," Alonzo replied. "But, no trotting, cantering or galloping. Only walking!"

"Alright." I chuckled. "Now help me up."

Alonzo followed me over to Diablo, where he helped boost me up into my saddle. Then, he walked over to Whiskey and put his left foot in the stirrup, pulling himself up and swinging his right leg over. Once he was firmly mounted in his saddle, the two of us started riding our horses out into the open fields with Misty and Hunter following.

It wasn't long into our ride when we came upon a large pond. Alonzo and I both thought that it would be good for the horses to refresh themselves, so we rode them into the pond. Whiskey and Diablo both lowered their heads and started drinking the water. Once they were done, both of them started playing in the water, by stomping their hooves in the water.

When they were done playing in the water, we continued on with our ride. Alonzo and I were both quiet, making it awkward.

"Hey, Jade," Alonzo called.

"Yeah, Alonzo," I replied.

"What are your feelings toward me?" he asked.

I pulled back my reins, causing Diablo to stop. Then, Alonzo did the same. I looked at Alonzo and said, "I'm not entirely sure what they are, but I know that I have feelings for you. Feelings that have the capacity to grow."

"That's all I needed to know." Alonzo smiled.

We ended up having a lovely ride, that ended with us heading back to the stables. Alonzo untacked Diablo for me, while I groomed him. The ride really helped me and it was a boatload of fun.

"Did you like the ride?" Alonzo asked.

"Yeah, I sure did," I answered. "Thank you for breaking the rules and letting me ride."

"You're welcome. But, It's never happening again, at least until the baby is born."