It Has Begun

Jade's POV:

I woke up to a wet nose in my face and the sound of sniffing. I blinked my eyes open, so they could adjust to the bright light. I sat myself up and saw two dogs at the edge of my bed. They both were sitting down with their tongues hanging out of their mouths. One was a German Shepard while the other was a Blue Merle Australian.

"Morning." I moaned.

I pulled the covers back and walked into the closet, looking for something to wear. I was shocked to find all of my clothes. All of these weren't in the suitcase I brought yesterday. Instead, they were all hung up on hangers.

"When did all of this get here?" I thought.

I put this to the side, so I could get dressed. I put on blue, boot cut jeans on, a red plaid shirt, and my black cowgirl hat. Once I was dressed, I walked to the front door and put my boots on. I opened the front door, so the dogs ran out of the house. I followed them outside and shut the door behind me.

The dogs ran toward the stables, so I followed after them

The dogs ran toward the stables, so I followed after them. When I reached the staples, I saw Alonzo, with his shirt off, unloading the hay from his truck. He had strong arms and a six-pack. He has a few tattoos on his arms and one on his chest. Sweat was dripping down his arms and body because it was so hot outside, and he was lifting hay.

"I see you've met the dogs," Alonzo said

"I see you've met the dogs," Alonzo said. "Hunter is the German Shepard and Misty is the Blue Merle Australian."

"They have quite the character." I chuckled. "By the way, do you know how all my clothes got hung up in the closet?"

"I hung them up early this morning," he replied.

"Thank you, but how did they get here?"

"A truck came early in the morning. I took the time to put your clothes in the closet, and I also put your horses in their stalls." Alonzo explained.

"Diablo and Storm are here?!"

"Yeah, check the horse stable. Stalls one and three."

I turned and ran to the stable to see my horses. I was so excited! The dogs even followed me.

***

Alonzo's POV:

Dylan and I watched as Jade ran off to see her horses.

"Man Alonzo, not only is your wife beautiful, but her booty sure does look good in them jeans. Congrats my man."

I playfully shoved Dylan.

"Would you stop looking at my wife and get back to work," I ordered.

Later that day, I was taking a bag of feed to the stables when I passed the indoor arena. Music was blaring from the inside and I heard faint stomps. The arena has a large garage door, that can be opened or closed, so air could circulate. I walked over to the opening and looking into the arena. I found Jade riding Diablo, her black stallion barrel racer, around the arena. She quickly circled the three barrels as if she were actually competing in a rodeo.

I dropped the feedbag on the ground without even thinking

I dropped the feedbag on the ground without even thinking. I immediately ran out into the middle of the arena and shouted, "Jade stop!"

She quickly pulled the reins back and stopped her horse in front of me. I grabbed her horse reins, so the horse wouldn't move, then I looked up at Jade.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What does it look like?" Jade snapped. "I'm training for the upcoming rodeo in Nevada. The finals are coming up. You of all people should know that."

"I am well aware of the rodeo finals in Nevada, but that is not what I meant," I replied. "You are pregnant! You shouldn't be riding at all. Let alone compete in the rodeo finals."

Jade instantly became mad. I saw it on her face.

"Look, I have worked too hard to get here and if you think I am going to miss it, you are sadly mistaken. Besides, I'm not even a month pregnant yet!"

"Yes but you can easily fall off a horse and land on your stomach," I argued.

"Diablo wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"You don't know that. He can easily get spooked or scared at a rodeo. Heck even here."

"Alonzo, I am going and you can't stop me," Jade yelled.

I looked up at Jade's intense eyes. I could tell that she was really serious about this and wasn't going to step down. I didn't want her to be riding, but I figured that one last rodeo wouldn't hurt.

"This is my last rodeo for several months or heck, even years. Please let me do it." Jade begged.

I thought hard about it.

"Fine," I agreed. "but I want you to see an obstetrician or gynecologist when we get back. Are we clear?"