The Beginning of My New Story

Jade's POV:

I ain't the type to sleep around. Heck, I wore a purity ring for a reason. But, the one night I get wasted, I sleep with someone and whine up pregnant weeks later.

Now, I come from a rich family. My father is a well-known businessman in Texas, who has a reputation to uphold. So, naturally, when I told him I was pregnant he flipped out. Not because I am pregnant at 21 with a stranger's baby, but because of his reputation was at risk.

He immediately made arrangements to cover all of this up. It wasn't long before he found someone close to my age that agreed to help with my "situation."

All I know about him is that he is 25 years old and that he is a rancher and bull rider. Oh, and that he lives in Oklahoma.

My father assures me that he will be a great spouse. I wouldn't know though. I haven't met him yet.

I am currently on my way to Oklahoma. It's been a long drive, so far. However, I didn't mind it because as soon as I reach Osage County, I am supposed to get married.

Before I knew it, I had made it to my destination. The taxi dropped me off at a church, located in Osage County, Oklahoma.

With a small suitcase in my hand, I headed toward the church, dressed in a white dress with my brown cowgirl boots.

I pulled open the brown double doors of the church

I pulled open the brown double doors of the church. Someone must have heard me because a lady came to greet me. She could only be involved with the church because this is a closed ceremony so that things can be discrete.

"You must be Jade Scott." the lady said. "My name is Lisa, I'm father Joe's sister."

"It's nice to meet you."

Lisa smiled, as she took my hand and led me into a room where the priest and a man were standing. I could only assume that the man was no other than Alonzo Travis.

"Aw, Jade Scott, come on in my child." Father Joe insisted.

I slowly walked over to the father.

"Jade, this is Alonzo Travis." introduced the priest.

Alonzo, who was dressed in blue jeans, a white button-down shirt, and tie, stuck out his hand. I took his hand and shook it.

"It's nice to meet you," Alonzo said

"You too." I lied.

An awkward silence fell upon the room.

"Well, I will give you both some time alone before we continue." Father Joe said, before he left the room.

Alonzo and I were both quiet. We glanced at each other a few times, but both shied away.

"Would you like a glass of water?" Alonzo asked.

"That would be great actually."

He poured me a glass of water and handed it to me. I brought the glass to my lips and took a sip.

I broke the silence by saying, "An unusual situation, huh."

Alonzo didn't answer or say anything in return.

Instead, he redirected the question by asking, "If you don't mind me asking, how many weeks are you?"

"Almost three," I replied.

"I see." was all Alonzo said in return.

"Not long at all." I continued. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Certainly."

"I know this is an unusual situation, but do you think you will be able to love this baby?"

"Yes, without a doubt," Alonzo admitted without hesitation.

***

Alonzo and I stood at the alter, in front of the priest. We were coming to the end, when the priest finally said, "You may now kiss the bride."

I turned to face Alonzo and he turned to face me. This had to be the most awkward moment in my life.

We both slowly leaned in. Waiting for our lips to meet was worse than the suspense in a horror film. Our lips eventually met and we shared a sweet, but brief kiss. Sealing the deal and making our marriage official.