Finally Back Home

Jade's POV:

Alonzo parked the truck and trailer in front of our house. I opened my door and quickly hopped out, only to be greeted by Hunter and Misty. I did my best to pet them both equally, but that didn't exactly work out since Hunter booted Misty out of the way and fell to the ground on his back. Signaling for me to pet his belly, which I did, while Misty ran over to Alonzo for attention. It wasn't long before the two of them switched places on us.

While Alonzo and I were slowly unloading the truck and trailer, Dylan came riding upon his horse.

"Welcome back home you two." Dylan greeted. "How did you two do?"

"Let's just say that the checks will come in handy." Alonzo hinted.

"So y'all won your runs?" Dylan continued.

Alonzo wouldn't answer him, so I nodded my head.

"Jade, you can go inside. Dylan and I will put the horses in their stables, and then we will tackle everything else in the morning." Alonzo said.

"Are you sure you don't want any help?" I asked. "I don't mind."

"It's alright. It's getting late and I want to turn in early for the night anyways."

While Dylan and Alonzo took the horses out of the trailer and back to their stalls, I was inside the house. I took a quick shower and then changed into my pajamas, which were cameo printed pants with a black tank. I was braiding my hair to the side when Alonzo came in to take a shower real quick. Once he was done using the bathroom, he came out dressed in black pajama pants and a white tank, while I sat in bed.

"Are you good for the night?" he asked.

"Yeah, I should be fine," I replied.

Alonzo nodded his head and started heading toward the door, leaving the bedroom to me, but I quickly called his name.

"What is it?" he inquired.

"You don't have to sleep on the couch. You can sleep here."

"You're sure?"

"We shared a trailer for a few days, so I figured we could share the bed now."

"Alright," Alonzo replied, as he took off his shirt and placed it on the floor, before pulling the covers back and climbing into bed.

It was weird sharing the same bed as Alonzo, who was still a stranger to me. But, I wasn't going to have him sleep on the couch anymore because I would feel bad. This is still his house and he has done nothing for himself, but everything for me. I wanted to return the favor in away. It didn't take us long to fall asleep. Probably because of the long hours of driving that we did.

It is five o'clock in the morning when I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. I slowly breathed through my nose, seeing if that would help. That wasn't the case. I quickly pulled the covers back and rushed into the bathroom, where I lifted up the toilet seat and started throwing up the contents of my stomach. I tried to be quiet, so I wouldn't wake Alonzo up but I knew that didn't work when he came rushing into the bathroom after me. He quickly grabbed my braid and gently held it to the side. He placed his hand on my back, as he moved it back and forth.

After several minutes of throwing up, I could no longer continue

After several minutes of throwing up, I could no longer continue. While I brushed my teeth, Alonzo flushed the toilet of its contents and cleaned it. Once I was done, I walked back to the bed and fell on top of it. Alonzo walked over to me and covered me with a blanket. Then, he knelt down in front of me.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better, after that."

"I think it is time we make you an appointment. You're experiencing morning sickness now." Alonzo explained.

"Alright, alright, I'll make an appointment later today. How does that sound?"

Alonzo smiled at me. "Get some rest," he instructed.