I Want You Gone!

Alonzo's POV:

I walked down the hall and stopped outside the master bedroom door. I knocked on the door before going into the bedroom. I shut the door quickly behind me and looked over at Jade, who was seated on the edge of the bed while she gently rubbed her pregnant belly. I could tell that she was upset. Whether she was angry or sad, I did not know. I slowly walked over to her and sat next to her on the edge of the bed. 

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm almost two months pregnant and my father who was disappointed that I was pregnant by a complete stranger is here," Jade snapped. "How do you think I am doing?"

I placed my hand on her back and stroked it gently for comfort. Jade leaned forward and buried her face in her hands. I felt bad that all of this is happening. I can't imagine what it must be like but I knew that I was going to do everything in my power to comfort her and support her. 

I kissed the side of her head and said, "I love you."

"I love you too," She cried. 

Jade leaned against my chest so I wrapped my arms around her and held her close. 

"Would you like me to take care of it?" I offered. "I don't want you to stress yourself out especially since you are pregnant."

"You are sweet," Jade began. "But if anyone is gonna chew him out, it's gonna be me."

"Alright, just promise me you won't work yourself up."

Jade nodded her head and pulled away. I stood up and walked to the door so that I could go get her father. I wished I could be in the same room with them because I would love to see him get chewed out but I thought it would be best to just let Jade handle it. 

Jade's POV:

I sat on the end of the bed, as I waited for my father. It wasn't long before I heard his footsteps walking down the hallway. Then, I saw him walk through the doorway, closing the door behind him. He stood near the door. He hadn't changed. Same old dad. 

"You're already expecting number two, huh," He began. "Motherhood looks good on you."

"You don't get to talk about that," I snapped. "You lost that right when you sent your pregnant daughter off to be married like a cowboy selling his cows for beef! The only thing you are supposed to talk about is the reason why you are here so start talking."

"Jade, I know that what I did was wrong," He admitted. "I never should have sent you away. You are my daughter. I should have helped you at the time when you needed me the most. I failed you and your mother on that one. Not a day goes by that I don't beat myself up about it."

"You were lucky Alonzo is a great man," I spat. 

"I am, I owe him a lot," He sighed. 

I was starting to get uncomfortable so I stood up. 

"Jade, I'm dying," My father blurted out. 

"What?" 

"I've got cancer and only a few more years to live should my health stick out." He explained. "I came here because I want you to get everything when I'm gone."

I was caught off guard. I couldn't believe that my father was sick! I don't even know how to react yet alone what to do.