20- Leo

"Leo!" Calypso screamed again. The monster's scorpion tail struck a rack of clothes as Calypso rolled to the side and jabbed the monster in the leg. The monster howled in pain and staggered backwards. "A little help here?"

"Coming!" Leo said as he looked around. Then he saw it, a loose pipe that could make an excellent rope swing.

Leo ran up to it and instantly his knowledge of machinery came into play. Leo tied the wire at the end and put his foot through it. He grasped the rubber outside and pushed off a pole.

The feel of soaring through the air was amazing, and terrifying. As Leo flew through the air, he shouted various battle cries, "Geronimo! The McShizzle is back!" Leo banged into the monster sending it toppling to the side.

Leo thought this was a good idea, till Leo landed next to the monster, weaponless.

Leo scrambled to his feet just as three barbs shot out of the monsters scorpion tail. Leo rolled to the side and crouched behind a stand of shoes.

The monster, a manticore Leo remembered, regained it's balance and shot more spikes at Leo. Leo ran to the side, dogging the spikes and landing next to Calypso.

"I'm weaponless," Leo whispered to Calypso as the manticore crept towards them. The anxiety was killing him.

"No kidding," Calypso said as she handed Leo her knife. "Take this. It's time I do what I need to do."

"Calypso!" Leo screamed as the goddess ran towards the monster.

"Hey!" Calypso screamed. The monster eyed her. Leo hated himself for just being able to watch. But it was like Calypso put a spell on him, preventing him to move.

"I know your just here to take me back to Ogygia. Okay fine, do that, but leave my friend alone."

The monster was almost...smiling, Leo didn't think that was possible.

The monster ducked down as to ask Calypso to get on it's back. Calypso accepted and began to jog to the monster.

Leo couldn't figure out what plan Calypso was forming. He couldn't believe she actually wanted to go back to Ogygia.

Calypso climbed on to the manticore's back. And then as quick as a flash, she pulled out a knife and stabbed the monster in the head. The monster collapsed to the ground, leaving yellow powder behind. "You picked the wrong people to mess with," she said.

"Calypso!" Leo yelled pulling Calypso into a hug. "Come on let's get out of here."